SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't found anything anywhere, so i'll ask here.

Do you think the rmr on the RX would last in a hot car (texas), for the day? Or is the heat likely to cause the battery to burst?

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Definitely do NOT leave battery devices in a car. Temperatures in a automobile can exceed 200 degrees in some areas (Phoenix) and the resultant heat and expansion can cause devices to rupture.

Worse yet is direct sunlight impingement on some devices. Having seen what happens when a Cell phone is left in a direct sunlight area with no airflow for 2 hours, I can tell you that things DIE.

·
Registered
491 Posts
:eek:
Definitely do NOT leave battery devices in a car. Temperatures in a automobile can exceed 200 degrees in some areas (Phoenix) and the resultant heat and expansion can cause devices to rupture.

Worse yet is direct sunlight impingement on some devices. Having seen what happens when a Cell phone is left in a direct sunlight area with no airflow for 2 hours, I can tell you that things DIE.
Not only the battery but most optics might use some sort of adhesive that could melt and ooze. In addition, the coating on the lens might get damaged.
Reminds me of a pair of Nikon binoculars I had in the truck for years. It got ruined. I have been in Plano. It really gets hot in the summer.:eek:

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I had not even thought about the Optics and Adhesives issue. Now I know that keeping the go home bag in the porch was a good idea and not putting it into the truck.

(Yikes. I have a set of Ziess. binoculars that I have never thought about that.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.