SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice review! I'm looking forward to hearing about the proper sized belly band, I was thinking of the exact same thing to carry my honor guard while I'm running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
Good! One major difference between the Undertech and the Crossbreed is the length of the actual band and how it secures. With the Undertech, it appears the band has velcro on each end and these two velcro points meet, resulting in the finished product. Not much support for the holstered weapon. With the Crossbreed, the band is considerably longer. The velcro points that secure the band are quite a bit different. Yes, one of the band securing velcro points is at the end, however, the other is about 14" in from the end. There are multiple additional velcro points that allow you to not only secure a kydex holster such as the Pit Viper, but another, longer velcro patch to secure the loose end remaining on the band. When you pull this band remainder taught and secure to the velcro patch, which is a bit longer to allow flexibility of fit, it secures the holstered weapon very tightly to your body. I will carry not only a G43 in this setup, but a S&W 640 (heavy stainless revolver) and a G19. All while wearing a pair of drawstring shorts with no looseness or flopping around to speak of. Yes, the Crossbreed/Concealment Solutions is a bit more expensive than the Undertech, but it will do the job. I believe you will be very satisfied with this decision!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nice review. I'll be honest, not sure if it's cuz I'm not a Glock guy, but all I noticed in your gear pic was that gorgeous Garmin Fenix. I love mine.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have the Crossbreed modular belly band with their holster. Its not bad around the house but I don't think it would work for me with my G43 jogging. Maybe its just me but I'd like to see it have a wider cross section/width so that their is more velcro to grab onto.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I don't like to have one against my body with all the sweat, especially down here in Texas where it is hot. I've had luck with a nylon diving belt around my waist and an uncle mikes owb holster. Just wear a slightly larger workout shirt to cover. If I'm being lazy I'll just carry a knife while running.

·
Registered
24,041 Posts
I've been using a Comfortac band with a G43 and it stays in very place well and has a retention strap for the grip. I have not been using the strap and the gun has stayed in place well regardless. I think you will sweat during activity with all of the bands I've seen and this one included. It's a terrycloth internal material which does feel better than neoprene IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks to insights from the sigtalk gang, +1 on Crossbreed Belly Band with a Pit Viper for the 225-A1. The Pistol Wear also works well on the trail or bike with the 225A-1. I can't use the "I'd rather carry something bigger" as an excuse to avoid the running / cycling trails anymore.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Thanks to insights from the sigtalk gang, +1 on Crossbreed Belly Band with a Pit Viper for the 225-A1. The Pistol Wear also works well on the trail or bike with the 225A-1. I can't use the "I'd rather carry something bigger" as an excuse to avoid the running / cycling trails anymore.
Do tell more how it works while cycling. I have interest with my incoming 239.

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
How does the Crossbreed wash up? Gentle cycle or handwash and I assume hang to dry?

·
Registered
24,041 Posts
How does the Crossbreed wash up? Gentle cycle or handwash and I assume hang to dry?
Sly, I've used handwash and air dry on my Comfortac and it's worked fine - should be good for the Crossbreed too. I've been surprised how much I'm using mine - much more than I thought I would.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts