SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pictured: Sig P238 Desert, new for 2012

Wow! I am pretty astonished at the sheer number of new options Sig Sauer is bringing to the table in 2012, if this post proves true. The Sig Sauer Guns blog has posted a laundry list of new Sig models to be unveiled at SHOT 2012.

According to the "wire", the P250 and P238 are both getting ambidextrous safety levers. The P250 Compact and SP2022 are getting threaded barrel options. Something called a 1911 Spartan will be revealed, as well as POW MIA commemorative 1911s. The P226 and P220 are getting reverse two-tone trim packages (black and stainless), with the latter also getting a completely stainless option.
The P224 is mentioned, as well, re-hashing all of the details that we've seen in all of the rumor posts flying around.

But by far the most interesting to me is the P938, a pistol I've only seen referenced once (on these very forums, in fact). This is a 9mm version of the Sig P238. It remains single action only (SAO) with single-stacked magazines. Factory mag capacity is 6 rounds, while a follow-up post on the blog affirms the availability of 7-round extended mags. Guns.com also mentions the 7-round magazine, but as a standard accessory to the Extreme version, one of five expected for 2012. Other versions are Rosewood, Blackwood, Equinox, and SAS - the usual Sig palette.

This is going to be a landmark year for Sig and for SigTalk, which is quickly becoming the premiere meeting place online for Sig owners. I can feel it in my bones.

·
Banned
51 Posts
This is the post I found on a google search that brought me to Sig Talk. Thanks for that! Do you know if this will be put out in a .45 as well?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Yup.... NOPE

When I was at SigAcadamy an Armorer show it to me (I WANT ONE) it will only be a 9mm. True Sig small and reliable!
But a great carry gun! I don't believe you need more than 6 rounds: for a carry or you better learn to draw and shoot first and not carry in the first place.:D

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If you want a cc 45 look at the Kahr's after 200 round break-in they're very nice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beyond excited - will be my pocket ccw of choice, though I do love my 290. The 290 was my compromise... disappointed in the performance of the Kimber Solo, not thrilled with the stopping power of the P238. If they can make the 9mm go in a 1911 package that is close to the P238 size, well, it is the absolute no-brainer. P220 and P220 Elite compact in .45, P290 and P938 pocket, and a nice P229 .40 for zombies and assorted bad guys.

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Looks pretty good! Hopefully, it will be approved for sales in California...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anybody know when these will be available? Also, do we know what the msrp is gonna be on the p938? I was looking at the p238 for my ccw but I wasn't sure about the .380 so the 9mm is gonna be awesome!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found the specs on the P938. The msrp is $795 – $838. I also saw that it will be out around the 2nd quarter of 2012. So, I've never done this, but is there a way to get on a waiting list or anything so I can get one when they first come out? Im definitely going to buy from one of my local guns shops. I guess I can go talk to them but just wanted to see if anyone has done it before.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
:lolu:It's 8/28/12 well on 1/9/12 During the Shot Show I stated "I want One" I saw one at Sig in December. Well tomorrow it arrives! The bad news is that I will be away on business until Thursday night, so Friday will be the day! Patience, is waiting by the bank of the river long enough for the body of your enemy to float by.....

·
Registered
892 Posts
[robin the boy wonder] hly ressurrecting the dead thread, Batman! [/robin the boy wonder]

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
[robin the boy wonder] hly ressurrecting the dead thread, Batman! [/robin the boy wonder]
LMFAO
I had to find this because I stated "I wanted one back in Jan. Well, it arrived today and I'm not home :( but I asked my ffl to run it. His report: awesome, smooth and he fed it 115 gr with NO failures! (This gun was returned to Sig for modifications) He fed it 50 rounds under multiple circumstances; all clustered within a coffee can diameter.
Now Friday will be my turn.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really like that p238 desert! the reason I did not buy the current or older model p238 desert is because I did not like the slide being tan also... I felt that it would get dirty and show wear quick... I had thought it would be perfect if it had a tan frame and black slide and there it is! im gonna have to look out for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts