·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Reactions: bearone2 and GCBHM

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot of folks were really upset when Glock came out with the Gen 4. I didn't buy one for at least four years after they were first produced! But now that is all I own. Having said that, the Gen 3 is a fantastic platform which is awfully hard to beat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If the RTF2 had the gen 4 mag release it would be the perfect Glock. But they don't so I'll stick to Gen 4. I have been a Glock guy for 11 years (got my first when I turned 21) I hate to admit it, but I like the P320 better. I still have major love for my Glocks though.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the RTF2 had the gen 4 mag release it would be the perfect Glock. But they don't so I'll stick to Gen 4. I have been a Glock guy for 11 years (got my first when I turned 21) I hate to admit it, but I like the P320 better. I still have major love for my Glocks though.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the P320 better than Glocks. I don't, but I do like the HK VP9 quite a lot, and potentially more than the Glock, but that's the great thing about having so many options. One can have one of each, if they like, or more. ;)

Reactions: bearone2

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the P320 better than Glocks. I don't, but I do like the HK VP9 quite a lot, and potentially more than the Glock, but that's the great thing about having so many options. One can have one of each, if they like, or more. ;)
Very true. The size of the VP9 has been a turn off for me. I am excited they are coming out with a subcompactish variant of it.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very true. The size of the VP9 has been a turn off for me. I am excited they are coming out with a subcompactish variant of it.
Me too! I'm very interested in getting my hands on one. I actually posted a link to the site after I saw it. Looking forward to its arrival.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have my LGS on the look out for me...I hope they do call me first!

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gen 4 Glocks have that shitty finish. **** flakes off and rusts
I've had mine for several years now with around 5000 rounds through it...no rusting, flaking or any other problems. It does have some nice holster wear on it, though, which gives is a nice patina. I like a little wear on my guns. Signs of good use. :cool:

·
Registered
23,603 Posts
My Symantec software blocked that link as a dangerous site.

Reactions: GCBHM

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The finish on my G4 stank to high heaven.
Its scratched sooooo easily. Just not a good finish at all.
Didnt Glock come out with a new finish recently?
Seems I read that somewhere, but mine has held up pretty well considering I really don't baby it. I mean I don't beat it or throw it down just to see if it will hold up to the torture, but you know...I'm not exactly ginger with it.

Reactions: sigke
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.