SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After reading countless holster posts on this forum, I decided to take a leap and try a Kydex holster. I've been set in my ways with leather and soft holsters for decades, but based on what I read, I chose the Rounded by Concealment Express for IWB. Great deal (birthday coupon from MIDWAY USA) so cost reasonable. I carry the 365 IWB at the 3:00-3:30 position. Easy to adjust tension. No slop when inserted, draw is smooth and re-holsters easily with a solid reassuring click. I'm not in law enforcement, repo man or door kicker so for my needs, this has turned out to be the most comfortable, secure holster I've owned for any firearm, bar none.

A big thanks to all those forum members who contributed to the many holster threads here. Pic disclaimer: I like pizza, cheeseburgers and beer and at 72, it shows. Cheers.

Gun accessory Automotive exterior Wood Fashion accessory Metal

Camera lens Rectangle Bumper Digital camera Automotive lighting

Everyday carry Rectangle Gun accessory Personal protective equipment Handgun holster

Joint Shoulder Arm Product Wood

Premium Member
P365 with Wilson Combat XL grip frame
If you don鈥檛 wear a belt, this works great especially with gym shorts or anything without a belt. I prefer the Uticlip even with a belt. Will not move and you can still wear a belt if you put the holster on your pants first.

Wood Bumper Floor Flooring Hardwood

Registered
I too found concealment express about 1.5 yrs ago, and is is a favorite I use on several carry guns (not only the 365s, but CZ P-10 too). I gravitated to more "minimalist" kydex holsters, of which, this is a quality example - and reasonably priced too. This should be on anyone's short list to consider

Registered
Great news to hear as I have one on order that should be here soon. I also intend to wear it at 3:00-4;00 as I see you do also. I can't wait to try it out. Do you find it comfortable to wear on your skin? That was my plan to wear it under T shirts or Polo shirts with shorts.

馃帠USN Veteran
Sig P220, P226, P227, P228, P365XL, P365XL, M400 TREAD, 716i TREAD, 516 G2 Patrol, MPX K
They definitely make good products (although I prefer Vedder over Concealment Express for holsters). They are my absolute 鈥済o to鈥 for mag pouches, though 鈥 their retention system is the best out there!!

Reactions: hauki

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great news to hear as I have one on order that should be here soon. I also intend to wear it at 3:00-4;00 as I see you do also. I can't wait to try it out. Do you find it comfortable to wear on your skin? That was my plan to wear it under T shirts or Polo shirts with shorts.
Very comfortable at 2-4. The top of sweat guard will leave a line/imprint on your skin but not an abrasion or anything that would would be considered uncomfortable. This is for me though, depending on build and body type YMMV.

Vendor
They definitely make good products (although I prefer Vedder over Concealment Express for holsters). They are my absolute 鈥済o to鈥 for mag pouches, though 鈥 their retention system is the best out there!!
We'd like to contest that claim! :D:p

Super Moderator
While I originally preferred the high end fitted leather holsters, I eventually found Rounded (Concealment Express) and have moved almost exclusively to them for my holster needs. This is because operationally they have proven superior to anything else I have carried with. They are waterproof, hardy, completely protect the trigger guard, retain their size and fit well, and stay open for easy reinsertion after a draw cycle.

The only concern I have had is that in a couple of cases I have had to increase the space they left for the magazine release button in the left hand configuration I use for certain firearms. This is easy to do with a hair dryer and some flat tools which can reform the Kydex in that area.

Reactions: hauki

Registered
Overall, I like their IWB holsters but not for subcompacts like the 365. My problem with this general design is the belt clip placement has no option to alter holster ride height. At least for me, I can not get a "shooting grip" on a subcompact/micro pistol when drawing from the Rounded holster and others of a similar clip design and placement. Thus I have to adjust my grip after I've drawn the pistol. With other models (e.g., Vedder and Tier 1) I can lower the clip to allow me to gain a shooting grip as I first grip the pistol. As with everything in life there are tradeoffs, a holster that rides lower conceals better, but it hinders grip access. Of course, YRMV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts