SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Resident Armorer Premium Member
I suppose you have to find this on E-Bay or some place?
I did find this web site. and although they look great, having the Sig Sauer logo would be nice.
You can order them from Altamont, just like you can order Hogue Grips directly from them, although they like Hogue may have distributors, you would have to check out at their site.

From their information in what you posted, this appears to be custom made, and not something they stock. You may have to pre-order, and pay, before they're made.

Registered
I was going to recommend factory grips as well. My 226 stainless elite came with rosewood grips from the factory. However, I'm not seeing anything like that now on the SigSauer store, even in the "out of stock" items....so that is apparently not an option.

Phil

Registered
I suppose you have to find this on E-Bay or some place?
I did find this web site. and although they look great, having the Sig Sauer logo would be nice.
I have some Altamont grips. The fitment is a bit off, and there鈥檚 a slight gap on the right side grip panel. I tried to like them and ultimately took them off. The color is close to what you鈥檙e looking for though.

I then bought some Rosewood ones from Hogue. They are WAY dark, almost black. If you like the reddish hue one with the SS logo that come standard on some, DO NOT buy the Hogue rosewood ones.

I鈥檝e had the best looking ones from Numrich recently, with Sig logo. Should have never gotten anything but OE. However the color is more like walnut or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Those wood grips are pretty. For a person with medium hands like me, they are perfect for P220 (single stack). I bought a couple for P226 and they were too fat for my medium hands but perfect for large.

Registered

Resident Armorer Premium Member
The biggest "problem" with hardwood grips, regardless of manufacture, is the coloration the grips will take. Each blank can take on a different hue, dependent on graining, and the batch of stain and filler used, itself. That's why most grips pairs are cut from the same blank, so graining matches more closely.

It's too bad, you can't choose your grips by visually looking at the selection of grips, that are available.

Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The biggest "problem" with hardwood grips, regardless of manufacture, is the coloration the grips will take. Each blank can take on a different hue, dependent on graining, and the batch of stain and filler used, itself. That's why most grips pairs are cut from the same blank, so graining matches more closely.

It's too bad, you can't choose your grips by visually looking at the selection of grips, that are available.

Good luck!
I agree as I have seen grips images of actual "rosewood" grips that vary drastically in color.
Just keeping my fingers crossed they actually look as good as the web page images.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts