SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another member was nice enough to send me a back-to-back picture of the Romeo1 and the DPP.

I imported the picture into my CADD software, traced the Romeo and mirrored it over onto the DPP. The DPP is clearly taller in every way possible.

The original owner stated he needed to get a Dawson .440" front sight which seemed extremely tall, but the fact that the DPP is substantially taller and does not have the rear sight notch, I can see why.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I could not find a Romeo1 anywhere. Everywhere I looked it was either discontinued by the manufacturer or had a backorder of of 3 months.

I ended up going with the DPP on for my P220 Hunter in 10mm. Just waiting on the EGW mount now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
...and the mount doesn't fit the 220 Hunter :-(

How disappointing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another member was nice enough to send me a back-to-back picture of the Romeo1 and the DPP.

I imported the picture into my CADD software, traced the Romeo and mirrored it over onto the DPP. The DPP is clearly taller in every way possible.

The original owner stated he needed to get a Dawson .440" front sight which seemed extremely tall, but the fact that the DPP is substantially taller and does not have the rear sight notch, I can see why.
The DPP may require a deeper slide cut than the Romeo 1 and actually not end up being any taller. You would have to see them mounted on the same kind of slide to decide.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The DPP may require a deeper slide cut than the Romeo 1 and actually not end up being any taller. You would have to see them mounted on the same kind of slide to decide.
Thanks. For the moment I've given up trying to put a reflex red dot on the gun. Note really wanting to mill the slide. I'll see what Sig finally comes out with and go from there.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The slide cut would need to be at LEAST .100" deeper, which is extreme. Theres just no space for that much more milling.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could always try a under and over Picatinny rail mount. I tried it with my Tanfoglio before buying the P320 RX. It works pretty well. Just make sure you know if it fits. I have to modify mine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could always try a under and over Picatinny rail mount. I tried it with my Tanfoglio before buying the P320 RX. It works pretty well. Just make sure you know if it fits. I have to modify mine.
Doesnt work in any USPSA Carry Optics approved holsters :(

·
Registered
89 Posts
the shield rms is a much thinner and narrower sight than the dpp. it has a rear notch and fits the doctor/j-point footprint. being in the same price range as the dpp is also a plus. it's only downfall is that it is not waterproof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone know if the Delta point pro will mount up with the P320 X5?...New to the forum and can't figure out how to start a thread...really looking for any option but seems like the Delta point is the only red dot that has an attachable rear sight other than the Romeo 1 that has it incorporated into the sight...can't find one of those atm so I'm looking for other options

·
Registered
23,609 Posts
Anyone know if the Delta point pro will mount up with the P320 X5?...New to the forum and can't figure out how to start a thread...really looking for any option but seems like the Delta point is the only red dot that has an attachable rear sight other than the Romeo 1 that has it incorporated into the sight...can't find one of those atm so I'm looking for other options
And people say I have a long username! :lol:

Welcome to SIGTalk Marine! :salute:

Reactions: shooter2440

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's been a while since you asked but I don't see a response. The X5 is factory cut to only accept the Romeo 1. However, Springer Precision offers adapter plates to accommodate other sights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.