SIG Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone experience any scratches yet? Also do anyone know if the Romeo zero is water resistant or not?

·
Vendor
92 Posts
I would say not on water resistance. The battery cover is open on the bottom and there is not a seal for the sight against the mounting surface.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There was a post on the Facebook group about a scratch already, Sig said they will replace the lens or the whole unit but it will be after the first of the year. Not sure if the guy sent it in already or is waiting to send it in. I agree that the sight is probably not water resisitant, but may be weather resistant to light rain.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Scratches

Someone in one of the FB P365 groups reported a scratch. He contacted Sig and they said it was the first issue they had reported about the lens I believe they are replacing it for free.

FB Post: So just a update on Romeo zero , I had it for couple days and took it out to the range and put around 200+ rnds thru it , came home and notice there is a lil scratch ... do u think Sig will replace it or I have to deal with it ???

Follow up after talking to Sig: Good news , I spoke to sig and they said this is the first case for them but it’s cover with their warranty but I have to wait till after New Years for them to replace �� they could replace the glass or swap with the new one, they don’t know yet

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least Sig is willing to acknowledge the issue with scratches. I love Sig but I do dislike when they having rolling changes and I feel like there will be a Romeo Zero Pro soon. I already got my order in though, so I hope everything will be good!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a few scratches on the romeo zero lens while cleaning it. Was using Q-tip, lens cleaner, then applied catcrap antifog. Now I have scratches lol. Will call Sig tomorrow.

Also noticed the emitter is open. No glass or anything. Rain can get right in there if you're shooting in the rain. Will also ask Sig tomorrow if it's water resistant.

Otherwise, I've put in about 300rds so far 124gr fmj and some hsts and it's been solid in terms of holding zero and no flickers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Sig P320 X-Compact, Smith and Wesson 327.
8,171 Posts
What part of the Romeo Zero is scratching?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sure it's water resistant. I doubt it's waterproof.
SIG specifications for the Romeo ZERO show as "blank" for waterproofing, at https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo-zero-1x18mm.html

SIG specifications for the ROMEO ONE PRO show "IPX7" for waterproofing, at https://www.sigsauer.com/store/romeo1pro-1x30-mm.html.

IPX7 = "Protected against heavy splashing and rain. Must not fail or show water seepage when exposed, but not when immersed. IPX-7 Waterproof Standard. Protected against short durations of water immersion. Max immersion for less than 30 minutes and at a depth of less than 1 meter."

·
Registered
709 Posts
The lenses are plastic and although it has an improvrd coating from the original cmpact Shied. Shield video, you will get scratches. I have two small scratches on my shield but they do interfere with the sight picure and I only notice them in certain light.Shield is working on a glass lense option for their sights. I would guess that after enough calls come in to Sig about scratches on the lense they will not be so easy to replace them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I spoke with sig's CS agent. They will replace them 1 for 1 if there are scratches like mine (sent pics) it's not just single tiny scratch. Its actually worse now (I've shot it some more since taking the picture). There is a bunch in the center. They're still trying to fulfill orders so he said he will reach out when replacement becomes available and I can send it in at that time.

He also said they are not water proof but resistant. They do not recommend dunking it in water but ok to shoot in light rain. They do not recommend shooting it under a downpour lol.

I haven't noticed the scratches while shooting because I shoot target focused using a red dot. Haven't really noticed (during live fire) light hitting it and make it noticeable yet. Probably because I shoot every sat, at 8am and in the same direction down range lol.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the info.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I spoke with sig's CS agent. They will replace them 1 for 1 if there are scratches like mine (sent pics) it's not just single tiny scratch. Its actually worse now (I've shot it some more since taking the picture). There is a bunch in the center. They're still trying to fulfill orders so he said he will reach out when replacement becomes available and I can send it in at that time.

He also said they are not water proof but resistant. They do not recommend dunking it in water but ok to shoot in light rain. They do not recommend shooting it under a downpour lol.

I haven't noticed the scratches while shooting because I shoot target focused using a red dot. Haven't really noticed (during live fire) light hitting it and make it noticeable yet. Probably because I shoot every sat, at 8am and in the same direction down range lol.

Anyway, just thought I'd share the info.

Do you know how you got these scratches?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Do you know how you got these scratches?
I think I got a few scratches on the romeo zero lens while cleaning it. Used lens cleaner spray, wiped with microfiber, applied catcrap antifog with q-tip and then wiped it down.

Same way I clean my RMR.

Maybe catcrap and qtip dont go well on plastic lenses idk.

But I put another 100 or so rounds through it and seems like it got more scratches. So, I am not 100% sure if it was cleaning or through shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got scratches the first time I cleaned it. It gets pretty dirty from concealed carry. I used a little squeeze bulb to blow out the sight to start, then the brush end of a lens pen, then cat **** with a microfiber cloth and q-tip. Put a noticeable scratch on the front of the lens. Kinda disappointed that happened. Haven't talked to Sig yet, but cleaning it shouldn't cause scratches like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If my zero ever shows up, I plan to cut and install stick on screen protectors meant for an Apple watch.

I will attempt both sides of the lens, will see how it works.
I'd recommend a Zagg flexible shield for a non-apple phone. More material to work with, and less expensive because it's not intended for Apple.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would say not on water resistance. The battery cover is open on the bottom and there is not a seal for the sight against the mounting surface.
Agree. No way it's water resistant. I had watched some videos on the zero before purchasing it. Either it wasn't emphasized or I didn't grasp the no bottom/exposed electronics aspect. Will it hold up to rain? Yes. Will it handle being submerged. No way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts