SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all - not that I’m surprised since the Romeo RDS that came on my P365XL seemed pretty flimsy to begin with. Seems to have died for no good reason that I can see - was not dropped or hit.

I would prefer an enclosed rds like a Holosun 509 or an Aimpoint Acro - what hoops do I need to jump through to mount one of those on a 365XL?

Otherwise, I’d be looking at a Trijicon RMR, which seems durable but is not fully enclosed.

Any info would be appreciated!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Nothing is perfect but the most durable and reliable open emitter optic is the Triji RMR type 2. The Aimpoint Acro P-1 is bombproof but eats batteries; rumor is Aimpoint is working on an updated version that will have better battery life.

Aimpoint doesn't have an adapter plate for the p365xl, so you'd have to find an aftermarket plate or a machine shop doing a p365xl conversion cut.

There may be a p365xl adapter plate for the RMR or RMRcc, or a machine shop doing conversion cuts on p365xl.

The other option is the new more rugged Shield RMSc "Glass edition" with a new more rugged metal body and improved electronics. It's a direct fit to the p365xl. Shield is a British company making them in Britain.

PM me if you want the scoop on that other brand you mentioned.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Trijicon makes an RMRcc adapter plate for your XL- XLAC32096.

Reactions: quid

·
Registered
516 Posts
Iron sights never die, they function 100% of the time without any possibility of failure. Electronic devices can and do fail and they always fail when it is the most inconvenient time to do so. When is the last time your computer worked perfectly and never had an issue? The simpler you keep things, the simpler any problems are to overcome, such as defending your life. What happens when the optic craps out when it is needed the most? I’ll bet you will be more than happy to have iron sights at that moment in time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Iron sights never die, they function 100% of the time without any possibility of failure. Electronic devices can and do fail and they always fail when it is the most inconvenient time to do so. When is the last time your computer worked perfectly and never had an issue? The simpler you keep things, the simpler any problems are to overcome, such as defending your life. What happens when the optic craps out when it is needed the most? I’ll bet you will be more than happy to have iron sights at that moment in time.
The three different types that I have seen that for the XL optic cut all have BUIS build into the unit so if it does go down you still have sights.

Micro red dots on pistols are amazing, they all of to you shoot faster and aim more accurately. Regardless of how good it is though, I wouldn’t not run one without backup sights.

·
Registered
674 Posts
HS 507K-X2
Not totally enclosed, but housing is heavy machined aluminum. Glass lens. Battery tray eliminates having to remove RDS for new battery. Adjustments 'click' for each moa unlike others that are by 'fuzzy-feel'. Same sight-notch as Rzero for BUIS. Under $300 and direct fit onto my P365XL with no alterations necessary.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
HS 507K-X2
Not totally enclosed, but housing is heavy machined aluminum. Glass lens. Battery tray eliminates having to remove RDS for new battery. Adjustments 'click' for each moa unlike others that are by 'fuzzy-feel'. Same sight-notch as Rzero for BUIS. Under $300 and direct fit onto my P365XL with no alterations necessary.
Agreed. And I don’t know how you would fit an ACRO on a 365. They are way wider than the slide.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I’ve heard good things about the Swamp Fox Sentinel
They don't have a BUIS notch like the RMSC, 507K, and Romeo0.

Those dudes are also straight up shysters. You should see some of the things they say on forums. There was one particular thread on arfcom earlier this year where one of the main reps was in there saying some very deceiving stuff. First trying to deny and hide the fact that their stuff comes from China, when that backfired on him he then claimed that they actually own the facility in China where their stuff is made which is a big fat lie since there's no way in hell that a company with less than half a million a year revenue can do that. A manufacturing facility with that capability is at minimum a $10M investment. Vortex and other huge optic companies don't even own the overseas facilities where their stuff is made and they are WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger than swampfox.

Also read the wording of their warranty or "guarantee"... There's no actual written warranty and they can easily claim that the units have seen of 50K rounds if they want to deny a warranty.

I wouldn't put their crap on even a 22 range toy if it was free.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They don't have a BUIS notch like the RMSC, 507K, and Romeo0.

Those dudes are also straight up shysters. You should see some of the things they say on forums. There was one particular thread on arfcom earlier this year where one of the main reps was in there saying some very deceiving stuff. First trying to deny and hide the fact that their stuff comes from China, when that backfired on him he then claimed that they actually own the facility in China where their stuff is made which is a big fat lie since there's no way in hell that a company with less than half a million a year revenue can do that. A manufacturing facility with that capability is at minimum a $10M investment. Vortex and other huge optic companies don't even own the overseas facilities where their stuff is made and they are WAAAAAAAAAAY bigger than swampfox.

Also read the wording of their warranty or "guarantee"... There's no actual written warranty and they can easily claim that the units have seen of 50K rounds if they want to deny a warranty.

I wouldn't put their crap on even a 22 range toy if it was free.
Holy hell I never knew this! I checked out their website... good lord. I’ve never seen a more “warrior-bro lifestyle” website. It’s cringey at how bad it is.

I looked at their warranty, 50k rounds. How the heck do you determine round count through a red dot? Couldn’t Swamp just claim it has X number of rounds and not fix your product? They seem super sus

·
Registered
296 Posts
Holy hell I never knew this! I checked out their website... good lord. I’ve never seen a more “warrior-bro lifestyle” website. It’s cringey at how bad it is.

I looked at their warranty, 50k rounds. How the heck do you determine round count through a red dot? Couldn’t Swamp just claim it has X number of rounds and not fix your product? They seem super sus
Yeah, I could not in good conscious ever buy from or recommend buying from a company like that. It's best to steer clear.

I'm not privy to the sentinel but I do know that a lot of people have had failures with the LPVO's they make, but that is typical of all chinese variable optics, they're all junk regardless of who's name is etched in the side of it.

There are some decent red dots coming out of china in recent years. Are the swampfox units one of them? I don't know but they don't really seem to be. The Holosun's have had a decent track record for probably close to 5 years now on most of their dots, and a few of the Sig ones are pretty good too. They're both good quality for the money and exceptional for being from china, but I still would never run one without some sort of backup sight or if there was a better option (like Trijicon) available for the same footprint if it's anything but a range toy. You're most likely not going to go home stomping your feet because your range day was cut short from your Holosun or Sig red dot failing, but they're still not good enough to trust your life to without a backup sighting option, but then again nothing with batteries or electronic is.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Been using a Swampfox Sentinel since before mid 2020 on a P365...flawless.

·
Registered
296 Posts
FWIW you can get the 507K through scopelist using the make offer feature for $261, I ordered another one yesterday for my other XL. $20 more than the swawpfox gets you:

• Battery replacement without removal.
  • A back up rear sight.
  • A much more robust housing.
  • A product from a company with several years of good reputation of making pretty reliable products.
  • An actual written warranty.

Just to name a few.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts