SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one thought about replacing their romeo 1 with a different
red dot as to get a bigger size dot.
the 3 mm dot is just too small for my old eyes.
I'm thinking about sending it off to be recut for a model
with a 6 to 8 size dot.
any thoughts on this.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've seen multiple people say the bolt pattern isn't the same as any other optic out there. You'd have to drill and tap additional holes, which is less than ideal on that Small of a footprint.

Instead of ruining an RX slide assembly, would you consider purchasing an exchange kit or even an entirely new P320? The Carry Tactical comes with the proper height sights ($100ish savings) and a threaded barrel on some models. Another great member here has one in the classifieds he's looking to part with.

If you're unhappy with the Romeo, I'm sure it will sell for nearly, if not more than what you originally paid and you can invest it into what you really want.

·
Registered
564 Posts
with a 6 to 8 size dot.
any thoughts on this.

lemme know if you want to sell it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Trijicon RM07 has a 6.5 MOA and seems to be fairly popular. If I turn up the brightness on my 320C RX the dot gets fairly big and splotchy looking but seems a lot larger, might just be my eyes. If you have a Glock, One Source Tactical sells slides with the tall sights and a an RMR installed for about $1200. You could also contact someone like The Glock Armorer and get his opinion about changing the red dot to another brand. I bought a 9mm exchange kit for my 229 .40 intending to put an RMR on the 9mm. I would imagine the least expensive route would be to sell your RX, buy a 320 without night sights if you can find one, and buy the red dot and the tall sights and have them put on, it will still be a lot more expensive than what you paid for the 320RX.

·
Registered
763 Posts
with a 6 to 8 size dot.
any thoughts on this.
Obviously I don't know what your vision is like, but if you can, I would recommend trying a larger MOA before buying one. If you can try for 100 rounds or so at varying distances and lighting would be best. I like the accuracy I can get at a distance with a reflex sight, which I cannot get with iron sights because of my vision. I had a few reflex sights, with larger reticles and it covered too much of the target to get any real tight grouping.

I had a Trijicon RM08 G with the large triangle and a Vortex with a 6 moa dot, among a few others, and I found I ended up liking the smaller dots better. If you do go for it, always opt for one with manual adjustment...auto+manual is fine but I don't recommend auto only on most of the ones I tried.

Reactions: lobo1111

·
Registered
392 Posts
The Trijicon RM07 has a 6.5 MOA and seems to be fairly popular. If I turn up the brightness on my 320C RX the dot gets fairly big and splotchy looking but seems a lot larger, might just be my eyes. If you have a Glock, One Source Tactical sells slides with the tall sights and a an RMR installed for about $1200. You could also contact someone like The Glock Armorer and get his opinion about changing the red dot to another brand. I bought a 9mm exchange kit for my 229 .40 intending to put an RMR on the 9mm. I would imagine the least expensive route would be to sell your RX, buy a 320 without night sights if you can find one, and buy the red dot and the tall sights and have them put on, it will still be a lot more expensive than what you paid for the 320RX.

I have the Romeo on my RX, and I also have the Trijicon on RMR 6.5. There really is not that big of a difference between the two. If you turn up the brightness on the Romeo it looks very similar to the Trijicon. The big difference between the Trijicon and the Romeo is the fact that the Romeo has a larger viewing window. I don't think you (the OP) will like that change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just a rambling side note on the Romeo1: I had a bit of a scare with mine. The viewing window looked like it had tiny spots of tree sap on it. I used a proper lens cleaning kit and had the glass perfectly clean but the spots were still there. Not knowing much about red dots I later noticed there's a laser that projects onto the glass from the bottom rear of the sight. I cleaned that off and it's just like brand new. Phew! I though it was somehow contaminated between the glass plates. I think there there are 2 glass plates, dunno for sure.

Oh ****! I'm such an idiot sometimes. This was my Trijicon RMR, not my beloved Romeo1. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Perhaps someone learned something about cleaning red dots. I'd imagine they are very similar. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts