SIG Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new P229RX slide with a Romeo 1 Pro. Are there any downsides (besides cost) to installing the shroud? Mine didn't come with one. Also, will it help inadvertently stop turning the unit off? That's happen to me a few times and it's something something I have to pay attention that. The buttons aren't recessed.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
The shroud is made of steel and protects the aluminum or magnesium housing from getting cracked when the gun is accidentally dropped or the red dot getting bumped in walls or other stuff.

It doesn’t have any effect on the turning off or on (for that matter) since the R1Pro using Motac (motion activated circuitry) to turn it on or off.

I had one on my R1Pro but has since switch to a Romeo 3 Max for my open gun.

·
Registered
229 Posts
That shroud is garbage and into it it belongs. It's bottom surface isn't true and slippery. It does not allow a proper tight fit of the pro to the slide. You have to tighten the screws to point that they strip to get a proper seat. I found this out by the pro not holding zero, removed the shroud and much better result, tighter groups. It's ugly too.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That shroud is garbage and into it it belongs. It's bottom surface isn't true and slippery. It does not allow a proper tight fit of the pro to the slide. You have to tighten the screws to point that they strip to get a proper seat. I found this out by the pro not holding zero, removed the shroud and much better result, tighter groups. It's ugly too.
Hey don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think!

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
I thought about not installing the shroud on my Rome 1 Pro but decided to go ahead and do it. I see no down side to installing it and am glad I did. I personally don't think it's garbage.

Reactions: Poppastar

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Cremaley. What I want to know is does it make the buttons "recessed" and harder to accidentally hit?

·
Banned
196 Posts
Don't they have a rubber gasket or something to aide with stopping that? If not, a quick visit to NAPA auto parts, a quick trace job, an xacto knife, and a drill, or belt hole maker, would probably take all of ten minutes to accomplish.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a new P229RX slide with a Romeo 1 Pro. Are there any downsides (besides cost) to installing the shroud? Mine didn't come with one. Also, will it help inadvertently stop turning the unit off? That's happen to me a few times and it's something something I have to pay attention that. The buttons aren't recessed.
I installed the metal shroud on both of my Romeo 1 pros. I did it to prevent accidentally shutting off the red dot while carrying in my holster. Sure the shroud might raise the height of the Red dot sight but by how much? less than 1mm? The shroud does protect the buttons from being pressed accidentally. Pushing them with my finger might require me pushing a little harder but that's not a problem. The shroud adds a little overall bulk the the size but I still have no problem concealed carrying it. Sounds like some guys hate the shroud. Not me. I;m glad I put them on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't hate the shroud, but am still on the fence as to whether or not I need it for my type of use. I have it on two of my p320's, my third 320's slide came from Sig with the R1P directly mounted and did not include shroud. I kind of like shroudless better. I don't currently carry any of my p320's so no concern there.

On my P365X with R0, I did go with the shroud since this is my carry gun (will be after break in). With the R0 I do like the idea of shroud.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts