SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Sig P220 Hunter 10mm and was wondering if the Romeo 1 sight would require gunsmithing to mount
This question may have already been addressed but I couldn't find anything definitive on the subject.

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Generally speaking, I think you'd want to have the slide milled for whatever Reflex sight you want to use. This allows a lower mount and one that is more practical to get co-witness from taller open sights.

I understand SiG uses a proprietary mount pattern for the Romeo. For that reason alone, I would eschew the Romeo in favor of one of the several other good choices out there.

I read on another forum, an employee of Optics Planet posted that Holosun makes the rebranded Romeo for SIG.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes you will need to have the slide milled if it has the adjustable rear sight.

If you happened across one of the unicorns that had the fixed rear sight, (I have only seen listings never real pictures) you can use one of the dovetail adapters, but the optic will sit higher.

I would go with a fastfire III, just based on my limited experience with them and that it holds up on my 44mag with hot loads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.