SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get an extra lens cover for the Romeo 1? I'd like to have a couple of extra on hand, that will guarantee I never lose one. :)

I don't see it anywhere on Sig's website.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can see myself losing it as well. It doesn't stay on very well, does it. Good look finding spares.
No it doesn't.

I have a Jpoint on my EDC, and it has an acrylic lens, which has scratched fairly quickly. The Romeo seems a m,uch higher quality, but would still like to keep it protected when not in use. I'm thinking of cutting up a screen protector for a cell phone, and trying it on my reflex sights.

What is the "half SIG" in your signature...a conversion kit?

·
Registered
392 Posts
No it doesn't.

I have a Jpoint on my EDC, and it has an acrylic lens, which has scratched fairly quickly. The Romeo seems a m,uch higher quality, but would still like to keep it protected when not in use. I'm thinking of cutting up a screen protector for a cell phone, and trying it on my reflex sights.

What is the "half SIG" in your signature...a conversion kit?

P320 RX compact with a conversion kit. Perhaps it should be 2/3. :)
Oh, the other is a Sig Sauer P232 .380 in stainless. I bought it brand new in the 90s. It looks like a Walther PPK/S, but sexier, IMO. Great grip too!

·
Registered
750 Posts
The Romeo1 on my 320C Rx didn't work, Sig replaced it and sent the gun back without the cover. I called and they are sending me one. I would call Sig and see if they would sell you one. I would hope that at some point they would offer the lense cover and the screw driver as parts on the web sight. I do know there is no part number for the lense cover as I was told I would not get the usual shipping notice when the replacement was sent out.

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts
I like the cover. Easy on and off and all of that. I carried my RX model for a couple of weeks. I figured for sure I'd lose the cover so I carried without it. It wasn't something I wanted to pluck off in the middle of a gun fight anyway.... I was amazed at how dusty the Romeo got from day to day carry. I decided carrying the RX just wasn't right for me.
With that in mind, I'll likely never need a replacement cover. However, I would love to have a spare.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well, I also like the cover, but the Romeo1 doesn't like it very much. The paint is getting scratched along the edges where the cover goes on. It might protect the lens, but not the paint.
Btw, this is on a 2 month P320 RX that has never been fired. It's been handled, but it hasn't been roughed up at all. It's either in my hand or the case. I bought a JellyFish cover that fits my RMR red dot sights.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
They should make a rubber instead of the plastic. Mine just throwing in the bag it will strip out!
The aftermarket lens cover in the Amazon link that tssmith provided is made of neoprene, and looks superior to the factory cover.

They come as a 2-pack for $9.99 + $4 shipping. I put an order in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Does anyone know how to get an extra lens cover for the Romeo 1? I'd like to have a couple of extra on hand, that will guarantee I never lose one. :)

I don't see it anywhere on Sig's website.
I’m me your address. I have 3 Romeo 1 and think the covers are POS. If I haven’t lost or tossed them, I’ll send them to you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just added the Romeo1 shroud, and the stock cover doesn't fit at all with the shroud. Now that sucks!!! Not that the standard cover was that awesome, but it was better than nothing, which is what I have now...

·
Registered
392 Posts
From my experience, the Romeo cover scratches the Romeo 1 red dot when taking it off and replacing it. For my Trijicon RMRs which did not come with one I just use aftermarket covers from Amazon. I think they do a better job protecting the red dot. My P320 RX is mostly a safe/range gun and I prefer to use the factory red dot cover because I think it looks nicer. That’s the only reason I keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
78 Posts
Amazon has this cover made by dream plastics 2 for $9.95 plus $4 shipping. use the URL below (https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Plasti...ds=dream+plastics+scope+cover+for+sig+romeo+1). Dream Plastics Scope Cover for Sig Romeo 1 (2 Pack)
by Dream Plastics
Due to eyesight challenges and carry-specific handgun accuracy requirements, I NEED the optic on my EDC-gun. I too have noticed that the Romeo-1 seems to attract lint and dust... so curious if a cover can be 'connected' to a carry holster that will reliably pop-off the sight when drawn. "Reliably" means life-and-death, 100%, every time.

The factory cover is so loose I would think it would reliably pop off every time, but not sure it wouldn't pop off on its' own just riding in a holster all day.

Meanwhile, I ordered a lenspen (lint-remover) to clean the optic every morning before kit-up.

Input appreciated -- Capt_C

·
Registered
422 Posts
Amazon has this cover made by dream plastics 2 for $9.95 plus $4 shipping.
use the URL below

(https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Plasti...ds=dream+plastics+scope+cover+for+sig+romeo+1).

Dream Plastics Scope Cover for Sig Romeo 1 (2 Pack)
by Dream Plastics
Looks similar to the cover that comes with the Vortex Venom red dot. The Venom cover protects the entire red dot, unlike the Romeo 1, and stays put pretty well.

The only problem with it is that when you use it on a red dot installed on a pistol, the bottom edge of the front and rear portion must be trimmed slightly to fit the contour of the top of the slide. If you don't trim it, it will not go all of the way down on the red dot.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The plastic covers are as useful as a third armpit. I’ve never used them and never needed what they would provide if they did work. Both my carry Romeo equipped pistols also are fitted with the steel shrouds.

Even if the lens were to get really dusty, and somehow couldn’t be cleaned in literally 5 seconds, if you’re using the red dot correctly (target focus) you would never see the dust in the first place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Romeo 1 Cover Fit

To get the standard Sig Romeo 1 plastic cover to fit better I took a soldering iron with a pointed tip and sunk it in about 1/32" deep, about .100 from the top of the cover. This gives it a snap fit function over the frame and works great if you like the look of the Sig cover. The Dreamworks rubber cover is also a great option.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Sig should make a rubber cover like Vortex does for the RDS’s. I have three Romeo1s and the covers are useless. I recently put Sig steel shrouds on all my Romeos which protects them from damage but obviously do not help keep dust off them.

Airsoft gun Airsoft Fictional character
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

1 - 20 of 22 Posts