SIG Talk banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently got a Romeo 1 optic as part of a bundle. I cannot get the battery cover on no matter what I try. I routinely work on electronics with coin style battery cells, so I’m abundantly familiar with finicky covers. I usually have success by turning the cover in the OPEN direction a bit first until it seats and then tightening it. Sometimes holding it upside down to start threading it works too, but not in this case. It simply will not begin to thread (and no, since I never could get it started it was never damaged from cross threading). It did seem to pop off pretty easy when I first took it off so maybe it is just defective from the factory. I’ve even tried to put it back on without the battery in it thinking I had an out of spec battery thickness but I can’t get it to start that way either. FWIW, it looks to me like it is slightly canted towards the muzzle end even if I have the muzzle slightly elevated from horizontal. Hopefully they will at least warranty replace it but I really don’t want to be without it for weeks. Any other ideas to try?
Is there another small part that will work? I have called Sig Optics - they were to send me another cap, but I never got it. I’ve never been able to use the site and am thinking about taking it off of my 320. I’d be happy to buy a cap if I could find one and receive it. Any suggestions?

21 - 21 of 21 Posts