SIG Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always carry owb appendix-3ish o'clock(usually open carry).
Today I had occasion to be in and out of a couple of schools so the gun was mostly in the truck. Had a couple errands to run, thought I'd just leave the gun in the truck (I wasn't holstered up, belt was laying in the passenger seat) then thought about bounty hunters and Nissan dealerships, but I was already stepping out of the truck....so I tried the cz 75 compact in the front pocket (I was wearing a pair of hiking shorts rather than skinny pants with fairly volumous pockets), seemed to fit just fine. In and out of a few places no hassles and no bounty hunters.

Anyhoo, pocket carry might make the official rotation for particular occasions. Maybe we'll grab up one of those cool Derringer's. ;)

Reactions: Big Cape

·
Registered
427 Posts
^and white elephant gifting. ;)
I had to look that up. Didn't mean what I thought it did. Are you saying Glocks are high maintenance? Or are you referring to the fact that you have to "feed" another pistol? Doesn't quite seem to fit either way.

Anyhow I like pocket carry as well. Get yourself a Sticky or Remora holster, inexpensive and they come in handy at times.

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to look that up. Didn't mean what I thought it did. Are you saying Glocks are high maintenance? Or are you referring to the fact that you have to "feed" another pistol? Doesn't quite seem to fit either way.

Anyhow I like pocket carry as well. Get yourself a Sticky or Remora holster, inexpensive and they come in handy at times.
Feed guns is what we do ;)

I'm too...much for a block (say that out loud with an indignant tone) you know. There's hi point, then somewhere down the line cap guns made in China, then further down is block and you've arrived at the bottom. In the other direction there are cz's and of course Sigs. :p

Settle down, I'm kidding.......maybe.
I've never taken to blocks, don't fit my hand well. So instead of fighting that, just own it and become a hater. ;) I can shoot them, because I can shoot anything ;). But life is short and sinful behavior is a choice, a bad choice at that. It'd be like asking the wife to wear sweats instead of nearly anything else, who would do that? :D. (For the sexist sensitive, flip it around)

I've never really taken to smaller guns either. I'm stretching a little, we have a Rami and I've even managed to use the flush fit magazine. I'd have to get some pants that would facilitate pocket carry along with the holsters (thanks for the tip). That would make a good fathers day sales lead: Remora holster with every pair of slacks.

Anyhoo, I'm the odd duck (block doesn't fit me). So I gotta hate. Spare some empathy. :cool:

Reactions: Hammerman

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
InOverMyHead,

When you put the CZ in your front pocket, was it in a pocket holster; one that covers the trigger? If not, you might consider using one for at least two reasons.
1. It will prevent a negligent discharge when you place your hand on the gun.
2. It will help prevent printing.

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a gun in your pocket...or are you......

Yeah, if I ever get serious about pocket carry I'd use a holster. I don't much concern myself over printing, I didn't like how "sloppy" it felt. I don't much like things in my front pockets, it was odd.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Feed guns is what we do ;)

I'm too...much for a block (say that out loud with an indignant tone) you know. There's hi point, then somewhere down the line cap guns made in China, then further down is block and you've arrived at the bottom. In the other direction there are cz's and of course Sigs. :p

Settle down, I'm kidding.......maybe.
I've never taken to blocks, don't fit my hand well. So instead of fighting that, just own it and become a hater. ;) I can shoot them, because I can shoot anything ;). But life is short and sinful behavior is a choice, a bad choice at that. It'd be like asking the wife to wear sweats instead of nearly anything else, who would do that? :D. (For the sexist sensitive, flip it around)

I've never really taken to smaller guns either. I'm stretching a little, we have a Rami and I've even managed to use the flush fit magazine. I'd have to get some pants that would facilitate pocket carry along with the holsters (thanks for the tip). That would make a good fathers day sales lead: Remora holster with every pair of slacks.

Anyhoo, I'm the odd duck (block doesn't fit me). So I gotta hate. Spare some empathy. :cool:
Okay I think I'm picking up what you're putting down. I don't mind Glocks at all, but a Sig they are not! And I've yet to get any CZ's but an SP-01 SAO and a 97 will be following me home one of these days. Possibly a RAMI as well.

I like pocket carry because as long as the size of the pistol and your holster fit your pants you don't have any reason to leave the house without a pistol. Also works great for backup guns.

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay I think I'm picking up what you're putting down.
How many cups of coffee did that take?
Note to self: can't sleep? read sigtalk, don't post. ;)

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wake up every morning to go to work at about 4am. Sometimes my internal alarm clock is fast.......
To be clear I was noting my rambling and the apparent self entertainment prose of my posts.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
InOverMyHead maybe you are !! HA Don't get to excited about derringers as a primary pocket carry , they are slow to fire the first round and slow with your one follow up rounds and reloads are , well s l o w too plus most are heavier than a small pocket sized pistol . Maybe a small 6 or 7 shoot pistol more along the lines of what can be found at Mouse Guns chart to aid with comparing models .

You may not like shooting the rami with a flush mag but you don't have to like it to shoot it well . It is a tool for a job , nothing more . Its easier to conceal in a iwb holster than a 75c do to shorter grip length and you could wear a shirt tucked in if need be . But a rami for pocket carry !at 25oz plus ammo ! Not me .

Always wear a holster for pocket carry with what ever you buy , Always . Not doing so has cause many an idiot to get hauled of to the ER to be repaired of die .

MY pocket pistol is a cm9 kahr . Not fun to shoot but its more than accurate enough for the job . That's all that's needed of it . I prefer a larger pistol in a iwb holster but as you know some times smaller pocket pistols needed . Buy a holster , they are cheap .

No one really cares what brand You carry but folks do have there preferred brands . There only a tool at best and even a glock can do the same job just as your CZ75c or rami or sig , maybe better depending on the shooters skill than the handgun used . I don't own a glock ether but I know there a very good defensive handgun like them or not .

·
Registered
17,945 Posts
If you carry a derringer like the High Standard DA .22 WMR one, it's just as fast as any pistol you'll find.

I pocket carried exclusively for many years and it's actually the fastest carry there is if you have situational awareness. By that I mean that if you see something developing but it hasn't really happened yet, you can put your hand on the gun and draw it and have it just barely inside your pocket and still concealed. It's essentially in the low ready position and thus faster than a draw. It's something to think about.

These days, I carry a 220 IWB, but I still carry a PM9 in a Remora holster for a BUG.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.