SIG Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7,825 Posts
Yep, no 12 rounder, 10 round limit.

Just in case, CA doesn't honor FL CCW permits.
Yeah? Cali doesn't honor anyone's permits or issues them in most of the state.
You can't have it in your car in most of the state either. You say road trip. Have you checked your route and made sure that the states you drive thru are ok as well. Some have some silly rules when it comes to guns in cars.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/596728

Unloaded in a lock box or the trunk sounds like it would be totally worthless in any type situation where you'd need it.

· Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah? Cali doesn't honor anyone's permits or issues them in most of the state.
You can't have it in your car in most of the state either. You say road trip. Have you checked your route and made sure that the states you drive thru are ok as well. Some have some silly rules when it comes to guns in cars.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/596728

Unloaded in a lock box or the trunk sounds like it would be totally worthless in any type situation where you'd need it.
I not planning on carrying in CA, I'm probably going to lock it up in a case a couple miles before crossing the AZ/CA border.

· Registered
5 Posts
I not planning on carrying in CA, I'm probably going to lock it up in a case a couple miles before crossing the AZ/CA border.
And when it's in the locked container, MAKE SURE it is NOT loaded - No loaded mag in the gun, and no round in the chamber.

And even though it's legal, some LEO may not know that it's OK to have a loaded mag in the same locked container as the unloaded gun. Better to keep mags separate...

Remember - It's California so no logic applies here...

· Registered
3,044 Posts
Shotgun or levergun, rounds in the magazine tube, unloaded in the car where you can reach it. Pistols have to be locked up in the car anyways. You can't carry it. Only good it can do you is in your domicile. If you are going to bring a handgun, I recommend a mouse gun.

· Registered
7,825 Posts
And when it's in the locked container, MAKE SURE it is NOT loaded - No loaded mag in the gun, and no round in the chamber.

And even though it's legal, some LEO may not know that it's OK to have a loaded mag in the same locked container as the unloaded gun. Better to keep mags separate...

Remember - It's California so no logic applies here...
From the link I posted above:

Laws vary depending on mode of transportation and destination. A person over the age of 18 can transport a pistol, revolver, or other firearm in a motor vehicle as long as it is unloaded and in a locked container. Ammunition must also be in a separate container and both must be stored in a part of the vehicle that isn't readily accessible, such as the trunk
Mag/Ammo cannot be in same container. So you need two locked containers I guess?

· Registered
178 Posts
Go to calguns.net for how California gun laws apply to me.
As of last year you could bring a no threaded barrel hand gun with no more than 10 round magazines. You can have it in your car or truck in a locked case . Loaded magazines can be in same case but not in the pistol. The pistol is unloaded when no round in chamber and no loaded magazine in pistol.
California does not allow open carry (with some very few exceptions associated for some rural areas and for hunting).
California laws change each year (and most people have poor knowledge of them) so check with CA DOJ website and get current tips from calguns.net before travelling to CA. Basically news media, I gun shops and even CA LE are poor or misleading sources of information regarding ever changing and more restrictive CA gun laws.

· Registered
504 Posts
If it's like NY, I'm guessing mere possession of a "non-compliant" magazine (unless LEO, etc.) will be a major issue. Carry has absolutely nothing to do with that mag capacity law (separate and distinct) at least in NY.

· Registered
46 Posts
How about you don't go to CA and save yourself the headache, heart ache and frustration...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.