SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recall a few years ago a P228 M11-A1 that was imported into the US and believe the slide didn't have the M11-A1 roll mark, but the frame was marked with US and M11 by the serial # and the US and M11 etched over.. Anyone have any additional info on this? I've been looking for one.

馃帠USA Veteran
there are a few posts regarding the m11 etched over & m11b, probably in the pisols forum.

they will be expensive.

Registered
If I recall correctly, the M11B was the subject of an over run of 500 units for a military contract. They were marked M11, which at the time (and might still be this way IDK) they could not sell Gov't marked weapons on the civi market. Someone came up with the idea of making them with the "B" as it would not be the military contract designation then. These pistols were sold out of the Sig Pro Shop and didn't last long. Last one I saw sell was over $1,500. They are harder to find on the open market than P226 NSW's

Registered
12131 will come in and correct me ...again :lol:, but the number of M11Bs was in the 50s or 70s as I recall and they were not overruns as I understand it. They were made for a specific military unit (Air Force?), that wound up returning them to SIG unissued. Also, they were not just sold in the SIG Pro Shop. A couple of members of that other gun forum reported buying theirs from their LGS, one for around $700 and the other for around $800.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.