SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Has anyone replaced the factory Hogue slotted grip screws on their G10 grips with hex ones? If so, which ones will fit, regardless of whether it is Sig or Hogue...
Hogue hex screws work

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lcarlos

·
Registered
363 Posts
Which size do I get? Or should I say...which model ones (i.e. P220, P226, etc.)?
Just realized you are looking for a p227...
I'm pretty sure the 229/226 will work but I would get confirmation from Hogue

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,000 Posts
I believe hey are the same pitch as the P226/P229/P239 screws, the 239 screws being slightly longer, and using washers for polymer grips.
The first included photo doesn't show the P224/P227 screws, since they come with threaded inserts (2nd/3rd photos), as the frame doesn't have tapped holes to secure the grips, as the E2 type of grips are standard, which do not use grip screws. The photo shows a courser pitch, which should be the same as the P226.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered four of these from Top Gun Supply and will give them a try. They are meant for the P229, but I believe also work on the P224 with Hogue grips, hence I hope they will also be good to go on my P227 with the G10 Hogue's. If they don't work, no biggie as I like to have extras on hand for my other Sigs....

SIG Grip Screw, Torx Head - P229 40/357 - $2.49 - Top Gun Supply

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ordered my at the same time I ordered the grips from Hogue so no question of how they would fit. Love the look and it's unique. P220ST still a bit dirty from a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight. Grips worked great. Voted sexiest gun by a few of the women in the class.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
In case anyone is wondering, the factory Sig torx grip screws (listed as being for a 357/40 cal P229) arrived from Top Gun Supply today. They are a perfect fit with the Hogue G10 grips on my P227. The screws fit on my Sig P229-1 9mm with Hogue G10's too as well....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.