SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to make an attempt at removing the flash hider on my MPX Copperhead, the black version with the threaded barrel. Since the barrel is short, I can't use my vise to clamp the barrel, without removing the barrel first. Wondering what the best method would be to remove the flash hider... Should I remove the barrel from the receiver, or would it be easier to clamp the upper in the vise and remove the muzzle? The barrel is so short, I'm not sure if I'd be able to secure it properly if I removed it from the receiver. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some have said to dip the barrel tip into hot water for an hour to loosen the rocksett, some left it in all night then it came off, others have taken barrel off put it in leather and clamped in a vice. I have not tried any yet as my suppressor is still in jail.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On my MPX-K, I needed to soak the barrel in water (to loosen the Rocksett as someone else suggested) overnight first before I could remove it. Even then, still required a ton of force. Should've come with a 3-lug from the factory...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys think it would be better to uninstall the barrel from the receiver, or keep it in and clamp the receiver in the vise?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I removed mine just using my armorers wrench didn’t seem to have rock set on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts