SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Aside from confirming carry loads, and verifying feeding with different ammo, mine has been fed handloads almost exclusively.

I prefer 124 grain bullets. My favorites are the 124gr Matchwinner from Rocky Mountain Reloading ( rmrbullets.com ) Or my all-time favorite, the 125gr Hi-tek coated LSWC from Missouri Bullet Co. ( Missouribullet.com )

Out of the ~5,500 rounds fired, about 500 were store bought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most of my range time has been 5.4 grains of WSF with XTreme FMJ RN 115 gr bullets.

Also have used XTreme HP's in 124 grains. Range pick up brass multiple head stamps. Never have had a feeding problem.

9mm is so cheap now I am using more Fiochii 115 gn RN FMJ and the like with no problems

When I carry I am using the Sig 124 grain HP's.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I shoot my reloads almost exclusively in all my handguns. For 9mm I use Berry's plated 124gr. RN bullets. However, I have shot 115, 124 and 147gr new rounds through my P365. It will chamber and shoot anything I an get into the magazines. In fact, my P365 will shoot ammo that my CZ pistols will choke on. It is truly an amazing little blaster. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been using a 147gr cast bullet, since I have the mold. With 3.2gr of Bullseye. Of course it's just a starting load since I just got my Sig last week. I would like to try some lighter bullets. Like I said I just got the P357.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would think a fast burning powder behind a heavier bullet would best utilize the short barrel.

Tite Group burns fairly fast. Are there other suggestions???

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've had good luck with Bayou Bullets, 124gr LRN and recently 120gr TC bullets over 5.2gr of Power Pistol. I've used that load in several other guns, the P365 seems to like them too, I haven't chrono'd them out of the P365 yet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Here's a chart I found on relative burn rates

https://www.hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/burn-rate-color.pdf

Seems I recall Power Pistol having a dramatic muzzle flash.
Yes, yes it does have quite a flash.:lol: It does'nt seem to matter how long the barrel is either. There's another powder that's almost as dramatic, but I can't remember which. Longshot maybe?

Hodgdon no longer lists my powder as suitable for 9mm, so I'm using older data, and staying away from extremes. According to the chart you posted, it's a much faster powder than I remembered.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I shoot nothing but reloads through my P365 with the exception of some SD ammo (124 gr HST). I load 124 gr bullets and have used both PD FMJ and a couple of brands of 124 gr plated and Hi-tek coated RN. Primarily, I use 231/HP38 powder and my charge weights run just above the mid-range you will find in many manuals.

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
12,224 Posts
I mostly shoot 147 grain either factory new or factory reload. Never any issues.

Reactions: Cass and CMA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm loading 124gr RN over 4.6gr W231/HP-38 which I've been shooting before I got my 365. I just got a box of X-treme 124gr plated RN and I'm struggling to decide on a cartridge OAL. I've plunk tested my 365 barrel and can't even make a bullet too long. My research is finding recommendations from 1.060 to 1.160. Last night, I made some to test at 1.100, 1.120, & 1.140 (all over 4.6 of HP38) I want to shoot these (longest to shortest) before I seat any shorter, admittedly though I'll just be going by feel because I don't have a chrono yet.
The ammo I have here to compare to is: Speer/Blazer 147 FP FMJ at 1.122, Herter's 115 RN FMJ @ 1.139, Hornaday Crit Def 115 @ 1.090, reloads w Hornaday 124 XTP @ 1.060, previous reloads 124 RN FMJ @ 1.155
I'd love to hear some P365 specific wisdom on the COL matter.

·
Registered
Sig P226, Sig P365 SAS
12 Posts
I'm new to this Sig forum. Just wondering if anyone has shot any reloads. If so what load and bullet are you shooting?
I have been shooting Hornady 9mm (0.355") 124gr HP/XTP over 4.4 gr of Winchester 231. I use Winchester cases and Winchester WSP primers. The Sig P365 shoots this load very well. I have had zero issues. My accuracy has been excellent. Shooting out to 50 feet (indoor range) with very good results. Reloading on a Dillon RL 550 C press.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’ve shot nothing but reloads out of my P365L, mostly because I love to reload ammo.

My edc is the 124 grain SIG V-Crown from Sierra over 7.5 grains of Blue Dot; very shootable.

My plinkers have been the 124 grain X-Treme plated FP over 5 grains of CFE Pistol; also very shootable.

Just picked up some WIN 244 and Berry’s 124 grain plated RNs to play with.

Agree that the P365 shoots pretty much anything; what’s not to like?

·
Registered
Sig P226, Sig P365 SAS
12 Posts
I’ve shot nothing but reloads out of my P365L, mostly because I love to reload ammo.

My edc is the 124 grain SIG V-Crown from Sierra over 7.5 grains of Blue Dot; very shootable.

My plinkers have been the 124 grain X-Treme plated FP over 5 grains of CFE Pistol; also very shootable.

Just picked up some WIN 244 and Berry’s 124 grain plated RNs to play with.

Agree that the P365 shoots pretty much anything; what’s not to like?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just got a pound of Winchester 244 to load 357 Sig for my P226. I haven't used 244 I will be using 124 Sig V Crown as well. What are you using for a starting load ?
Nothing yet; I haven’t done anything so far except download the data.

I doubt I’ll be using the 244 with the V-Crowns. My Blue Dot load give me an extrapolated 1180 FPS and it doesn’t appear the 244 can match that, so I’ll probably just use it for plinkers.

The 244 data is a bit concerning, however; only .5 grains delta between suggested starting and max loads. Not much room there.

I’m talking about 9mm here, BTW.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts