SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Talk to the folks at In Lead Wee Trust.
I don't think that they sell springs, yet. But they can help with gas system upgrades.
My MPX choked on anything like a stock 115 gr load until I dialed in the gas system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a pair of reduced power springs?
My MPX doesn't eject properly with my low powered competition loads.
I take it you're not shooting suppressed;). Myself, i'd like to see some high power springs similar to the concept of the Tubbs chrome silicon flat wire springs for the AR to help increase bolt lock time just a bit more to reduce gas out of the ejection port.

I had another forum member respond to my point about the 2 O' Clock ejection pattern and they indicated it was designed that way to ensure the spent casing is thrown clear of the operator vs near their feet, while a valid point I'd still prefer to have them thrown well clear at the 4:00 or 4:30 position.

The Gen II models were sent out with a reduced gas port probably at the request of suppressor owners which as you found out doesn't work for the low powered loads. You will need to find a competent smith like ILWT as mentioned to open it up to the Gen 1 size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.