SIG Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought out of the blue: If one had a SAS slide but didn't care for the sight, is there an adapter for a red dot?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Just a thought out of the blue: If one had a SAS slide but didn't care for the sight, is there an adapter for a red dot?
Yes, it's called a P365XL. P365 SAS stands for P365 Stupid As S***t or, P365 Sights Are S***t, or P365 Sights Are Stupid, or P365 Stupid A** Sights (P365 SAS). Your pick.

Sig should have just offered the P365 with the slide cut for a RDS and said, "SIG is not Stupid As S***t" (SAS).

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
In the case of the P365 SAS, "SAS" means Sells Another SIG after you realize that the SAS' Sights Are S***. If seem to belaboring this, it's because it is so stupid that SIG has not deigned to offer an optic-ready P365. Anyone who was hornswoggled into buying a P365 SAS should be offered a free optic machining upgrade for their slide.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes, it's called a P365XL. P365 SAS stands for P365 Stupid As S***t or, P365 Sights Are S***t, or P365 Sights Are Stupid, or P365 Stupid A** Sights (P365 SAS). Your pick.

Sig should have just offered the P365 with the slide cut for a RDS and said, "SIG is not Stupid As S***t" (SAS).
Glad I could help. Sometimes, a solution to a problem can be simple.
Simple Is Good = SIG.
In the case of the P365 SAS, "SAS" means Sells Another SIG after you realize that the SAS' Sights Are S***. If seem to belaboring this, it's because it is so stupid that SIG has not deigned to offer an optic-ready P365. Anyone who was hornswoggled into buying a P365 SAS should be offered a free optic machining upgrade for their slide.
Give it a rest. He asked a question and your responses are not helpful and just beating the same dead horse. We get it. You don't like it. Great. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Former P365 SAS with nameless arms adapter and Swampfox Sentinel RDS. Makes quite the awesome carry piece.

Reactions: Texasgiant

·
Registered
48 Posts
@Lab4Us how do you like the Auto adjust version? I found it was always too bright and swapped for the manual. Wondering if I had a lemon. The idea is sound, but it was just too darn bright.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My eyes just are not good enough for any kind of sights. Lasers are what have kept me shooting. I bought the P365 SAS for pocket carry and added a Crimson Trace red dot. Now I have the smoother draw of the SAS with the accuracy of the laser. To me, best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
@Lab4Us how do you like the Auto adjust version? I found it was always too bright and swapped for the manual. Wondering if I had a lemon. The idea is sound, but it was just too darn bright.
I like it in everything but very dim light (doesn’t get bright enough for me). It is bright in very bright light, but that just seems to help me pick up the dot faster. I’m in my 60s, wear trifocals, and shoot two eyes open, so that could be another reason the brightness doesn’t bother me. I don’t use it for home defense due to the low light dimness. In my opinion, they should have set a dimness “floor” to prevent that, but I have enough other options it’s not a showstopper. I pick it up faster than I ever picked up the SAS sight, though that site was okay for me, just slow to find/line up, no matter how many hundreds of presentations I practiced.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts