SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator - 🎖USN Veteran
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had originally picked up the XL RZ...didn't like the red dot. Well, my eyes didn't like the red dot. I couldn't get over the starburst/halo regardless of the brightness setting. The gun shot well with the red dot but I just didn't like the view.

So I traded it (a few weeks ago) for a plain ole XL and today added the Holosun 507K-GReen dot. WOW...what a difference. The dot and circle reticle is clear as can be...daytime, nighttime and inbetween. My friend and mentor came with me and he scored a 507C for his gun. Good day was had by all...

Tomorrow is range day...I just got finished setting windage (it was a bit to the right) using the iron sights...remains to be seen how close I got.

The Romeo Zero would not let me use the iron...nor could I get a rear sight from Sig. The 507K has rear sight built in and can be used...big score for cowitness...of course, you guys know that already. I really like that I can still use iron...

I'm aiming (pun intended) to use the XL as my primary EDC switching on and off with the plain ole 365. LOVE 'EM BOTH...!

BTW...bought the sight at Eurooptics in Montourisville, PA...great counter service. Sam W installed the sight for me, torqued it properly and I was on my way...well, after perusing the joint, anyway...;)

·
Super Moderator - 🎖USN Veteran
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Josh...I had no idea...never heard of Squid Game...title's been edited...

·
Registered
22,979 Posts
I'm really glad it is working for you. I prefer green over red.

A while back, I had ordered a green Eotech holographic sight for an AR. Didn't even think about my astigmatism because it usually isn't a problem. I had to return it. My astigmatism was bad enough to turn the green circle and dot into a giant green blob. I do okay with basic dots, otherwise I need an optic with an adjustable diopter to focus the reticle.

Reactions: Devereaux and Nickp

·
🎖USMC Retired Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Learned about the superiority of green vs red when bow hunting. My red spot became the 40 yd pip, a shot I would probably never take on a deer. Green is 20, yellow 30. CT's are green too.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am red/green colorblind, with some astigmatism as well. I first purchased a few green Holosuns (508T) thinking that green was better overall for most folks. I subsequently purchased some red Holosuns (509T, 507c, 507k) and found the red dot and circle to be much clearer than the green in my 508T's. YMMV

·
🎖USMC Retired Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I am red/green colorblind, with some astigmatism as well. I first purchased a few green Holosuns (508T) thinking that green was better overall for most folks. I subsequently purchased some red Holosuns (509T, 507c, 507k) and found the red dot and circle to be much clearer than the green in my 508T's. YMMV
So ?you drive by light location.

·
Registered
83 Posts
So ?you drive by light location.
Wow, that sucks. I’m so sorry to hear that.

By the way, how do you manage to drive your car and figure out what the traffic light is?
The green and red in traffic lights are distinctly different for me, thankfully. However, at night, the blinking yellow and blinking red lights are very difficult for me to distinguish, and I do need to look at light location. The cones in the eyes are responsible for color vision, and also night vision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts