SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Does anyone know which website sell's a rear dovetail mount for my red dot Vortex Venom 6 MOA? I have thought about having the slide Milled for the new Vortex Venom but then it will only fit that Red Dot.
A mounting plate leave's me with more options down the road.

Love some feed back.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I am new into red dots and just started poking around. As I understand it the 320 has the same rear dovetail as the P226. Burris has a P226 mount for a bit under $50 and I just found this company, EGW gun works. They also have a mount for the 226 (which should work on the 320). Nothing technical to base this on but the EGW just looks more solid to me and I got a good feeling when I called them to ask some questions.

I just bought a Vortex Viper and its going on a Block 34 MOS. In some cases, the screws that come with the Vortex won't always work. If you call Vortex they will confirm and send you the correct screws. Still waiting on mine to show up.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,041 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,514 Posts
The dovetail mounts will work, Willard has pointed you in an excellent direction. I am not convinced that the dovetail mount is very secure, however. I've mounted a Docter sight on one of my G19's using a similar mount. To help bolster the stability of the mount, I have drilled and tapped a hole in the slide near the front of the mount, the thinking being this will hold the mounting plate more firmly against the slide while it is cycling under recoil. The acceleration/deceleration of the slide is quite aggressive, inducing considerable torque to the plate. You might want to consider something similar if using one of the dovetail mounts. I will add a picture of the set up in a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.