SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it, How do you keep a red dot clean or how clean does the lens need to be for EDC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use compressed air to keep it clean. With that being said as long as the emitter doesn’t get blocked you’ll be fine if you shoot the dot properly with both eyes open.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far that is what I have been doing, Dot and target show up even though lens looks a little smudged..

·
Registered
733 Posts
I use camera lens cloth and cleaner. Over cleaning will scratch it up more.

·
Registered
546 Posts
A recent Blog discussion of Red Dots by top National Competitors mentioned many use 'CATCRAP' brand lens cleaner which 'lifts' fine particles that can scratch; and by gently rolling a Q-tip across the lens picks them up without them contacting lens surface. Also leaves a no-fog film.

Combined with a bit of compressed air....So far best methodology I've found. My P229 Legion RX with Romeo 1 has almost 10K rounds still scratch-free.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
A recent Blog discussion of Red Dots by top National Competitors mentioned many use 'CATCRAP' brand lens cleaner which 'lifts' fine particles that can scratch; and by gently rolling a Q-tip across the lens picks them up without them contacting lens surface. Also leaves a no-fog film.

Combined with a bit of compressed air....So far best methodology I've found. My P229 Legion RX with Romeo 1 has almost 10K rounds still scratch-free.
I also use this to clean and keep my shooting glasses from fogging up. Works well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ziess lens wipes are perfect for cleaning red dot windows, I use those and microfibers on everything except my scopes which I use scope pens for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts