SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I drunk clicked. The other night I saw a Lima 365 green on Amazon and it showed up today. Since it’s here, naturally I had to open and will mount it. I have a couple options. A NRA version (below), and a XL grip under a SAS slide. I also have a standard slide I just sent out for milling for a RMRcc. That will be back in a few weeks.

I’m thinking that putting a laser on a red dot equipped pistol would be overkill, and I should put it on the other version. Does that make sense? Having never had a laser, I’m thinking the laser equipped pistol is aimed more “from the hip” then down the sights, right? Or am I way off base?

I’d appreciate opinions.

Here are some pics. I ordered a $30 Amazon Kydex that seems to be fairly decent quality. Once I decide on which gun it will live on, I'll get a better quality rig.

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
IMHO, the 365 is just fine without any red dot of laser. It is a sub compact and not really made for either. If you want to put a red dot or laser, get a larger gun.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMHO, the 365 is just fine without any red dot of laser. It is a sub compact and not really made for either. If you want to put a red dot or laser, get a larger gun.
Well, as I said, it's a little late for that, since it arrived and was opened. But thanks for your opinion.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Nice find.

Yeah, the beauty of a laser is that one doesn't have to bring the gun up to eye level in order to find the target. That can be useful in some life or death situations, and it also allows for tactics not possible without a laser.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice find.

Yeah, the beauty of a laser is that one doesn't have to bring the gun up to eye level in order to find the target. That can be useful in some life or death situations, and it also allows for tactics not possible without a laser.
I have to take this to the range tomorrow and get a feel for it, but its very nicely integrated. The switch is right under my index finger the instant my hand is on the grip.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have a streamlight tlr-2 in green I have moved between a few of my guns. I’ve opted for the laser/light combo on my nightstand p320 without the red dot and much prefer this set up. Debate against rail mounted lights aside, I think a green laser with night sights is a perfect HD setup

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I would not run a RD and laser. I have a CT LG-422G on my 365 SAS and love it. I think for carry a laser for me is better than a RDS.

Now on my HD and other carry, 320c, I removed the same laser and prefer a RDS. in my house, I do not want my position compromised via a laser. Plus I will/should have more time to bring it up to eye level. I do run a light though. But my house is not pitch dark, so running a light may give away position too.

I have heard on nd off things about the Lima laser and why I did not get it. But love my CT ones.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Considering my deteriorating eye sight at my age, I have a difficult time seeing the tiny P365 sights rapidly, so I plan to have my slide milled for a red dot as soon as I can afford it.

Have had a half dozen weapon mounted lasers over time, still on the fence about them. Especially during the day, I think it's just as easy - in fact often easier - to look through a red dot rather than find the laser dot on the target.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts