SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building a new 6.5 Grendel. It's based on a Grey Ghost Precision receiver set and will be getting a Faxon 16" Gunner Profile Barrel. I would like some recommendations for a BCG. What's everybody's go to?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I have Toolcraft, Aero and Palmetto State Armory BCG’s for my Grendels. All are great and if I remember I think PSA and Toolcraft are the same just branded different for each company. I am waiting on a Toolcraft NIB to come back in stock for a spare. T

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
OP,
The bolt does the rotational work.
The carrier is along for the ride.

Insist that the bolt has been MPI'd & marked accordingly.
(magnetic particle inspected)

The POF rollers smooth out the cycleing compared to the std key.
(Patriot Ordnance Factory)

Satern/Libery Bbls may have stock on hand.
Their Bbls shoot well....also.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Brownells had some 6.5g nitride bcgs in stock recently. I've used their 5.56 versions and they're some of the best looking bcgs I've seen in recent memory, FWIW. I've heard they're using toolcraft as their supplier but can't verify that.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brownells had some 6.5g nitride bcgs in stock recently. I've used their 5.56 versions and they're some of the best looking bcgs I've seen in recent memory, FWIW. I've heard they're using toolcraft as their supplier but can't verify that.
I ended up ordering a Tool Craft BCG in their nitride finish. Seems to have pretty good reviews. Now I just have to wait for Faxon to get some 16" Gunner Profile barrels back in stock.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
OP,
May be an option-
Satern 5R cut rifled
Liberty 5R button rifled
most come w/ head spaced bolt assy.

I have several Satern & Liberty 224Val,5.56,6.5Grendel,6.8SPC,300BO,458SOCOM bbls in various AR configurations...they all shoot well.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OP,
May be an option-
Satern 5R cut rifled
Liberty 5R button rifled
most come w/ head spaced bolt assy.

I have several Satern & Liberty 224Val,5.56,6.5Grendel,6.8SPC,300BO,458SOCOM bbls in various AR configurations...they all shoot well.
Their barrels are out of my price range. I've chosen the Faxon barrel in part because of price but also the fact that it's profile makes it pretty light for a 16" barrel at 1.5 lbs. I'm also pretty set on the length because I intend to run a suppressor with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a Brownell's BCG in my Moriarti 18 inch upper and have had excellent results; no issues of any kind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts