SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not generally use a weapon light for my hand guns but, with my new P320 compact, I'm thinking I'd like to put one on it for home use. I have the .40 version so, a light that would stand up to the recoil would be nice.:) Thanks in advance, TW.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have this one on my VP 9 for home defense and I love it. Mounts easy, balances the gun nicely and will absolutely blind someone at 800 lumens. It really lights up the whole room! And it's way more affordable than the Surefires.

Streamlight TLR-1 HL 800 Lumen, Rail-Mounted Tactical Light 69260 Up To 45% OFF Free 2 Day Shipping
2nd vote for this one.

check out holsters before you dive into getting a light though...your favorite holster maker may not do an OWB for the light you choose.

btw, https://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-...?ie=UTF8&qid=1496630669&sr=8-1&keywords=trl+1 it's $130 on amazon, and prime shipping

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good call on the holster suggestion. I'll start looking to see what will work for a light and holster combo.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been reading some reviews on the Streamlight and like what I'm seeing so far. Seems to be a very popular light and as fine as Surefire's are, they are a bit more than I want to spend for something I may or may not like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
for a p320c, in a iwb holster, a good light?

i think on a surefire xc1, but i think doesn't worth the money, and cost too much for a light.
tlr1 and similar is ok for price, but is too long and big.

i think the unique choice is the new APLc by inforce, opinions?

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I carry the XC-1, but you may also want to consider the INFORCE APL.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
they are pretty proud on that price for the APL! almost as bad as surefire/streamlight!
I got mine for $118, some $30 cheaper than the TLR-1, and over $100 less than the Surefire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Since the OP was looking for something for his "home" gun, I wasn't thinking about holster or carry issues. I consider home and concealed carry two different uses but I could be wrong. Definitely would go with a smaller light if intended to CC.

for a p320c, in a iwb holster, a good light?

i think on a surefire xc1, but i think doesn't worth the money, and cost too much for a light.
tlr1 and similar is ok for price, but is too long and big.

i think the unique choice is the new APLc by inforce, opinions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the input folks! I have never heard of Inforce so, looking at those now. Gun is for home use only as it is a bit big for me to conceal. I already have a dedicated CC gun. TW

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
Thanks for all the input folks! I have never heard of Inforce so, looking at those now. Gun is for home use only as it is a bit big for me to conceal. I already have a dedicated CC gun. TW
I like the paddle system on the INFORCE better than the TLR-1, and the fact that it is a polymer frame makes it twice as light. That said, either light is a fine choice, IMO. I have both and like them. If I had to go with one, though, it would be the INFORCE. For home use, you may want to look at the XC-1, though. It gives a nice field of view without washout. Travis Haley does a nice review of the light on youtube. He was scoring consistent hits at 75 yards in the dark with the XC-1, but if you do decide on that be sure to purchase lithium, NOT alkaline, AAAs for it. The alkaline deplete in about two weeks where the lithium last about four times that long.

Reactions: ORSigShooter
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.