SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Recently purchased P226

3K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  223685 
#1 ·
Just picked up a P226 from the cabelas gun library. Little bit of an impulse buy but I wanted one and although this one has much wear I figured it could be a project.

I sent a request for date of manufacture etc but it predates 2005 and there records don’t go back that far. German frame with a stainless slide (357sig) I’m guessing it’s not the original slide but I figured I would ask the gurus on here that know more then me. So my question is if you guys think this is a different slide then what came originally on the frame?

See less See more
#19 ·
So this is going to probably be of little to no help to you, but I thought I would share just in case. I bought a P229 that looked identical to your P226 except mine also had silver controls. Stainless slide marked USA, and the frame made in Germany. I bought that one in 2002 I believe.

#26 ·
flip the gun so the grip base is facing you. Now look at the dust cover on the frame. There should be some markings if it’s an older Sig. Take a clear picture of the markings.

Honestly, I’m thinking that the take down lever was likely replaced from the original style.

#41 ·
I have one similar to yours with serial number starting with U. I put an OD green grips on it and it's my favorite ... vacillating between MK25. :teetertotter:
Plant Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel

Reactions: 223685
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.