SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a P226 from the cabelas gun library. Little bit of an impulse buy but I wanted one and although this one has much wear I figured it could be a project.

I sent a request for date of manufacture etc but it predates 2005 and there records don’t go back that far. German frame with a stainless slide (357sig) I’m guessing it’s not the original slide but I figured I would ask the gurus on here that know more then me. So my question is if you guys think this is a different slide then what came originally on the frame?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like she’s been in a bar fight or two. How do the internals look? Is there a sticker on the box?
Yep she’s rough! There is a sticker on the box and she doesn’t have a lot of slop in the slide/frame but there is wear marks. I’m either going to just shoot the **** out of it or spend some money to get it fixed up.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks like one of early American made stainless slide, German made frame. Possibly a late 90s build. Your picture doesn’t show the ejection port, so we can’t see if it has an internal or external extractor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It also looks like it has the short trigger. Does it have an srt kit in it? Either way any 226 is a sound piece of equipment, congratulations.
I know nothing about it and neither did Sig. It’s the second sig I have bought so I honestly don’t know much about them or what to look for.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So this is going to probably be of little to no help to you, but I thought I would share just in case. I bought a P229 that looked identical to your P226 except mine also had silver controls. Stainless slide marked USA, and the frame made in Germany. I bought that one in 2002 I believe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So this is going to probably be of little to no help to you, but I thought I would share just in case. I bought a P229 that looked identical to your P226 except mine also had silver controls. Stainless slide marked USA, and the frame made in Germany. I bought that one in 2002 I believe.
That sounds definitely in the time period and I am thinking that this may be similar in age but a p226

1 - 20 of 42 Posts