SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For years, I managed to avoid spending unheard-of sums on overpriced European works of art marketed as ‘pistols.’

I carried on the job for a while, wielding a series of sensible American S&W J-frames, following the reasoning that 1) auto pistols were best left to those with enough training to reliably do more than just point and shoot when the flag went up, 2) that most of the time, gunfights happen at fairly short range, and that if I needed more than five shots, the next ten probably wouldn’t do much good either. (These tenets were probably formed by a dispassioned read of the studies conducted by the NYPD when they first considered abandoning their trusty revolvers, and having read an article about a British officer who, suddenly finding himself surrounded by a mob in Ireland, had his jammed Browning Hi-Power grabbed by a bystander who promptly executed a tap/rack/bang drill and shot him with it.)

Some time later, after a temporary bout of insanity resulted in an eight year enlistment, I was compelled to abandon my convictions by the fact that 1) I was now trained, and 2) I had to reliably fire more than five rounds at ranges beyond ten feet.

Other guys liked their Sigs, but I didn’t get one of my own until I was seduced by a ridiculously cheap P2022 at my LGS. A few weeks later I had to rescue a neatly pristine P226 SAS from a life of safe-queening, and then recently a P239 when I started developing a hunchback from hefting
around the P226 (and a dozen mags) as my EDC.

Since I’m still old-fashioned enough to be irrationally opposed to explosion-containing infernal apparatuses (apparati?) made of anything other than good honest metal, this may turn out to be a stubborn addiction to kick. And since the best place to be a drunk is in a bar... ;)

·
Registered
11,127 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.......

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Greetings and welcome to SIG©Talk from Alaska.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
How Do and, welcome from N.C. I too was against semi autos in general until that first Beretta 92s. Then I was converted, and later on got my first Sig (A P229) and well you know the rest.

·
Premium Member
Sig P320 X-Compact, Smith and Wesson 327.
8,262 Posts
Welcome from Georgia.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

·
Registered
256 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida. :salute2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome, great first post. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Welcome from Florida's Treasure Coast.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Welcome from MN!

I was seduced into the Signess by a P229 SSE.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Welcome from NV.

Good choices, I'm not into plastic leg bangers either. Carry a P229 40 or, when circumstance dictates closer to naked, a P938.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.