SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Recent purchases?

1K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Hewesco 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi has anyone bought any of these “last” Mastershop pistols that have been coming over the past year? I picked up two Supermatches, one Short and one Five.

#4 ·
I bought an XFive Black & White, which I will be picking up next week. Probably the last X-series pistol I will be purchasing, at least for the foreseeable future (whatever that means...how one can see into the future is beyond me). No pics until next week, bblr.

#7 ·
I finally got around to picking up my Armory Craft P226 X5 Supermatch. I have an X5E Open but it's actually almost too much of a gun to just casually shoot, where this one is just a nice balance for random range time. I can't see me personally paying the high market prices for anything X5E/X6E guns. I've been more the hunter of the OG "Sport" guns, scooping up all the seemingly random configurations that Sig made in the 90's leading up to the first X-Five guns.

#12 · (Edited)
Well, the never ending stream of "Last chance" guns (offered in current quantities) is coming to an end soon..

It is no secret that many known importers (including myself) tried to buy as many guns as possible, once the announcement about the closure was made.

Sooner or later the well WILL be dry. I can tell you with pretty decent accuracy, that even the German market is pretty much completely dry now and we are now buying last of the last guns here and there at 2s or 3s ....or even onezies at the time, if we can get them.....not in dozens, like we used to.

SIG Germany stopped all manufacturing just after mid December of 2020. The guns were still being distributed to dealers until about March-April. The availability of these pistols from German dealers to us is now almost non existent and of course they jacked their prices now significantly as well (why wouldn't they?)

I predicted this summer that by about late spring of 2022 you will no longer see x5 x6 guns being offered in numbers that you see now - not even close....and for now I'm sticking to that prediction. You think that prices of these guns jumped now? I think they will be "substantially" higher just 4-6 months from now, very possibly reaching silly ridiculous levels years down the road.

......and yes, we have another palette arriving in a few months. However, considering what's going on with the market and considering what I anticipate will happen later, there is a very good chance that the majority of the pistols from that shipment will not be sold anytime soon and a bunch of them (which I know is not the best for the business) will remain in my collection.

#17 · (Edited)
First time out at the range this weekend with the X-Six Classic and wow what a performance it was! I had no problem hitting 4” targets at 10 yards with half the magazine. This was my first experience with X-series pistols and it didn’t disappoint. The trigger was unlike anything else I’ve used, light and barely any creep made instant improvements to my accuracy. Also along was my G19 with a newly installed Timney Alpha Competition trigger and wow again what an improvement over the stock trigger.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.