SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well signess has struck again.

In May I picked up a p226 in 9 mm made in 87. Shoots great and all I did to it was change grips to hogue aluminum grips, sites and springs.

Today I made the mistake of stopping by the lgs and looked over the used gun case.

In the case was a sig I was looking for. A P226 in 40sw and it is an elite model.
Ok, slow breath and think. What can I trade, one of my ankle biting dogs, my lab or one of my safe queens. Hmmmm, may get in trouble if I trade one of the dogs so safe queen it is. Run home come back and offer the trade, Remington 700 in 270.

Deal plus fifty bucks. The sig was marked 500 bucks.

Gun is very clean and appears to have not been shot. Serial number starts with UU. When it was made?

Now to find spare mags and a holster at the next gun show.

Signess is a disease with no cure be warned.

Registered
Got this from the "other Sig Forum"
UU85941 through 95980-1981/1982 prototypes-used in the U.S. pistol evaluation trials

You get quite a steal. How are you going to look at yourself in the mirror:confused:;):D

Resident Armorer Premium Member
Nice going... these older Sigs have a bad habit following people home from many of the LGS...

Registered
That's a great trade IMO, 270 plus $50. SWEET! Hell around my parts, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 270 bolt action. :huh:

Anyways... That's a great looking pistol. Is that front strap checkered? I didn't know the older 226's had that??

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a great trade IMO, 270 plus $50. SWEET! Hell around my parts, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a 270 bolt action. :huh:

Anyways... That's a great looking pistol. Is that front strap checkered? I didn't know the older 226's had that??
Actually that 270 caliber. I got 450 for the rifle(I paid 400 for it 20 years ago) and the sig was 500. Sales guy bought it because he liked it.

As for the serial it is UU634###. After searching the web, I think the gun was made between 2010 to 2013.

Registered
Actually that 270 caliber. I got 450 for the rifle(I paid 400 for it 20 years ago) and the sig was 500. Sales guy bought it because he liked it.

As for the serial it is UU634###. After searching the web, I think the gun was made between 2010 to 2013.
Yeah.....I didn't know they had rails back then.
Could be wrong though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.