SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Really appreciating my 229

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Jedi5150 
#1 ·
Late last month, I purchased a 229 Legion on Gun Broker. This is my first Sig and I am very happy.

I've been to the range twice. Second time was this afternoon. I shot 500 rounds both trips. I started shooting DA/SA, decock and back to DA/SA just to get used to the DA/SA trigger.

I am THRILLED! The 229 Legion is a very fine gun and fantastic shooter. I'm getting accustomed to the DA/SA trigger and love the short SA follow up. My only regret is that I waited so long to purchase a Sig!!!

#10 ·
I was always a die hard P226 fan (currently own 4 of them), and I briefly tried a P229 about 15 years ago and quickly sold it. I hated that the lanyard cut-out on the base of the grips kept chewing up my palm. Fast forward to two years ago, when I worked on P229's in the armorers class and held one ( a very rattly, loose one), with the E2 grips...it was like the clouds parted and a beam of light shone down from heaven.:lol: I came home from the class and almost immediately ordered an M11A1, with E2 grips. Since then it has become my favorite CCW gun for the past two years, on many adventures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.