SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a P365 XL and noticed it doesn't have the 'XL' engraving on the slide like they usually do. Confirmed with Sig that this was a mistake and they want it back so they can send me a new one.

My question is: has anyone ever experienced a similar situation with Sig and what should I do? My opinion is I actually like it a lot more without the 'XL' on the slide and it may be worth more.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd only give it back if they offered me an incentive to do so.
I'd tell them to send me a new slide with a Romeozero or a Shield RMSc attached to it👍

If you are not interested in that , I'd put it on GunBroker just to see how much you could get. Ask something ridiculous. People with money buy things that no one else has. 🇺🇸

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd tell them to send me a new slide with a Romeozero or a Shield RMSc attached to it👍

If you are not interested in that , I'd put it on GunBroker just to see how much you could get. Ask something ridiculous. People with money buy things that no one else has. 🇺🇸
Yep. This is like catching a MLB player's 500th HR ball. They want the ball, and you have it. Negotiate.

Check it out thoroughly for other anomalies. If the huge XL missing got through inspection, other things may have as well.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Awesome! Keep that... It's a unicorn!

I think you're right, it does look very nice without the XL on it.

Reactions: Jonzim48 and CLMN

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome! Keep that... It's a unicorn!

I think you're right, it does look very nice without the XL on it.
I agree! I'd keep it for sure and probably wouldn't even shoot it! As much as history has shown us that plastic guns do not appreciate in value over time, this might be an exception. :)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Welcome.....Keep it....looks better without the big XL stamping.....

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a P365 XL and noticed it doesn't have the 'XL' engraving on the slide like they usually do. Confirmed with Sig that this was a mistake and they want it back so they can send me a new one.

My question is: has anyone ever experienced a similar situation with Sig and what should I do? My opinion is I actually like it a lot more without the 'XL' on the slide and it may be worth more.
There was another post about six months ago about a slide where the 'P365' was upside down. Late for lunch QC?

·
Registered
80 Posts
By all means - keep it! It already has instant collector value which will only go up over time. I would sit on it for a while and get another to shoot and carry or just wait until replacement slides are available. Unless a whole lot more start showing up without the XL marking, you have a rare unicorn pistol. It would be a shame to have it disappear from the wild.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Definitely keep it. The more of those they convince people to send back, the higher the collector valuable for those still in the wild.

Reactions: ephi379

·
Registered
22,036 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
I am going to guess that the lack of proper model number on the pistol means it does not conform to BATFE requirements. See how much it is worth to them to get it back.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts