SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Range Rescue

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  boriqua 
#1 ·
Finished my range session today and walked by the used case as I was heading to the door. Stopped dead in my tracks. What's this? Not the usual Hi-Point, SCCY, M&P v1, M&P 40, Shield, or LCR but an excellent condition German frame P229 in .40 for $429. First classic line Sig I've seen in the used case at this particular range. No-rail and thin trigger. Perfect, as I had a standard trigger at home that needs a P229 to go into! No Sig case but did have 3 mags. She came home with me.

#8 ·
Congratulations! But I have to agree with the others... photos, or it didn't happen..😉

#14 ·
Right now it seems that no one wants handguns in 40 caliber no matter who made them or when they were made. You lucked out with that giveraway price. We've watched the demand for 40 caliber go up and down and it looks like an amusement park ride over the years. Right now it is at the bottom, and looks like it will stay there for some time.
I Agee. I was recently able to pick up 1K rounds of 40 for ~33 cents round shipped. Not great, but less expensive than 9/45 and just as fun to shoot at the range.

#24 · (Edited)
I just rescued another Sig P229 .40 S&W DA/SA from Sportsman Outdoorsman a few weeks ago for $429 USD. Supposedly it was “fair“ condition with one magazine and the magazine release for a left handed shooter, but when I went to complete the 4473 paperwork and start the ten day wait time I inspected the gun. The frame was in excellent condition; most of the wear was on the slide but I have brand new USSS overrun Sig P229 complete slide in .357 Sig, Armory Craft flat trigger, Armory Craft SRT, Sig Armorer Super Strut, and Hogue G-10’s so i will tear down, clean, and rebuild into a new gun dedicated for 357 Sig pistol.

The original slide will go in my part bin and I might send it and the barrel off to Sig to redo the Nitron finish on the barrel and slide and put X-Ray sights on it. I have a lot of .40 S&W ammunition from work, but I always wanted a dedicated P229 in .357 Sig. I will post pictures after the 13th when I pick up the gun and rebuild it.

#26 ·
I just rescued another Sig P229 .40 S&W DA/SA from Sportsman Outdoorsman a few weeks ago for $429 USD. Supposedly it was “fair“ condition with one magazine and the magazine release for a left handed shooter, but when I went to complete the 4473 paperwork and start the ten day wait time I inspected the gun. The frame was in excellent condition; most of the wear was on the slide but I have brand new USSS overrun Sig P229 complete slide in .357 Sig, Armory Craft flat trigger, Armory Craft SRT, Sig Armorer Super Strut, and Hogue G-10’s so i will tear down, clean, and rebuild into a new gun into a dedicated .357 Sig pistol.

The original slide will go in my part bin and I might send it and the barrel off to Sig to redo the Nitron finish on the barrel and slide and put X-Ray sights on it. I have a lot of .40 S&W ammunition from work, but I always wanted a dedicated P229 in .357 Sig. I will post pictures after the 13th when I pick up the gun and rebuild it.
You’ll like having a dedicated 357 weapon on ready standby. Nothing against swapping out gun parts at the range, but I prefer to have my range time focused on my work that day. Not parts swapping.

#27 ·
Pics! Sig was running a special on the SSP so she's back from the spa now. I was expecting new Siglite night sights but it came back with X-Ray3's. That surprise alone covers a good chunk of the SSP. I usually put a Sig Armorer Superstrut and factory SRT in all my Sig's but I'm going to try the Grey Guns strut and SRT this time around. Have all of that plus standard size trigger ready to go it. Just need some grips and she's done.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.