SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As promised, here is the range report on the 1st firing of The colt delta Elite.
Out of the box the weapon was darn near perfect, fit, finish, and overall appearance of the weapon were 1st class right out of the box. After athorough tear down, cleaning, inspection and lubrication I took It to the range I used 165, 180 gr. Fmj hand loads with 8 gr. to 8.5 gr. SR4756,
I have found that powder works pretty well and the 4357And 44 magnum calibers.

The 8.5 gr load seemed to be the most accurate. The recoil isn't bad at all due to the weight of the pistol.
Right out of the box the accuracy appears to be spot on since this is my first go round with his pistol my groups were not as tight as I like but then again I'm not gonna complain For what I ended up with for a 1st time out. Fired 125 rounds.

If you can find one I highly recommend it in 10mm, I'd give it five stars. ;)

Neck Sleeve Automotive design Font T-shirt
Sleeve Automotive design Font Emblem Symbol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have they made any changes to the newer DE's? If I remember right the first/original ones had problems with the frames cracking due to the recoil of full power 10mm loads back in the day. I've always liked the look and feel of the Colt DE but I've always wondered if they ever beefed the frames up since original production.

Nice shooting BTW. That perpetrator has seen better days for sure lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts