SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left side p320rx. Right side p226 legion Sao. Both 9mm. Same distance 7yrds. Alternating 5 shots at a time.

I think the trigger makes all the difference...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
251 Posts
I shoot my P320 better than my P226 SAO Legion. I'm blaming it on that fact that I have been shooting striker fired guns exclusively since 1998 when I got my first Glock. My Legion is my first hammer fired gun since then. The trigger is far better on the Legion so I'm not sure why I don't shoot it as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
For me, it takes a few boxes to get used to a new platform. Sometimes less. I shot 1911's exclusively for over a decade and "switching" to a P220/CZ SP01/Etc I had some trouble. By the end of the range day I was dialed in pretty well. Different grip, sight picture, trigger, all make a difference on POI. It's a great feeling knowing it's the shooter and not the pistol.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not surprised with hammer over striker. I've noticed that I'm better with my Legion P226 SAO, P938, and P226 TACOPS, than I was with my seven Glocks. For me, the hammer is a control issue, allowing me to better anticipate ignition. For me, it's safer, too, and within my perception, just as fast.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I too favor hammer fire guns, I am naturally drawn to them. I did not realize it until my best friend and I were talking one day how he just likes Stryker fire pistols, I thought about for a moment and realized my collection is mostly hammers.
That aside, I shoot my SAO Legion the fastest and is what I ran last winter league but I did pick up the shield and run it pretty quick out of the box just like I did the legion so I have some high expeditions on the shield.
Point is some things just fit some times. Be happy and shoot well I say.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too favor hammer fire guns, I am naturally drawn to them. I did not realize it until my best friend and I were talking one day how he just likes Stryker fire pistols, I thought about for a moment and realized my collection is mostly hammers.
That aside, I shoot my SAO Legion the fastest and is what I ran last winter league but I did pick up the shield and run it pretty quick out of the box just like I did the legion so I have some high expeditions on the shield.
Point is some things just fit some times. Be happy and shoot well I say.
My other 2 are striker...im starting to have mixed feelings about them..lol

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Left side p320rx. Right side p226 legion Sao. Both 9mm. Same distance 7yrds. Alternating 5 shots at a time.

I think the trigger makes all the difference...

Both of those platforms are capable of groups about 1/4 that size at 7 yards. I'm not saying you're a bad shot, I'm simply pointing out that if you want to compare your actual accuracy with those two pistols you should slow down your rate of fire and get some tighter groups. All those two targets show me is that you are more comfortable with one platform than the other. The vertical stringing on the left target in particular shows me you were really rushing your shots. Your P320 is easily capable of groups half the size of your Legion target at that range, probably 1/4 the size, and I'm sure you as a shooter are too.

My guess is that if you shot slow fire for accuracy, you wouldn't be able to tell one target from the other.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Both of those platforms are capable of groups about 1/4 that size at 7 yards. I'm not saying you're a bad shot, I'm simply pointing out that if you want to compare your actual accuracy with those two pistols you should slow down your rate of fire and get some tighter groups. All those two targets show me is that you are more comfortable with one platform than the other. The vertical stringing on the left target in particular shows me you were really rushing your shots. Your P320 is easily capable of groups half the size of your Legion target at that range, probably 1/4 the size, and I'm sure you as a shooter are too.

My guess is that if you shot slow fire for accuracy, you wouldn't be able to tell one target from the other.
I'm sure the guns are better than I am. The legion is new and I'm shooting better groups with it than with the other. Comfort May have something to do with it as well as the platform itself. I'm still relatively new to shooting and learning how to do it well.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I'm sure the guns are better than I am. The legion is new and I'm shooting better groups with it than with the other. Comfort May have something to do with it as well as the platform itself. I'm still relatively new to shooting and learning how to do it well.

Well, you've made some great choices to get started, that's for sure! :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Slowed down some as suggested and had better groupings at 7yrds with the 320rx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.