SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Range Report-Sig P238

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kme 
#1 ·
We went to the Range last week and I gave my Sig P238 SST. H.D. and my Wife's Sig P238 Nitro with Rose Wood Grips a Test Drive.
What can I say that hasn't been mentioned before?
The little Sig ran Perfect. The Black Hand Grips that came with my P238 SST. H.D. were not an issue.
I tried several brands of .380 Ammo.
It ran perfect with Sig V-Crown Hollow Points, American Eagle, Ten X, Herter's Select Grade.
It was very accurate and it will be my Summer carry.

My Winter Carry is a CZ 75 De-Cocker 9mm Compact. It also ran perfect with different 9mm Ammo.
I used Sig 9mm V-Crown, Ten X, Blazer Aluminum and Blazer Brass.

I know these Hand Guns cost a little more than others. The extra cost comes into play since these Hand Guns are more reliable. than others.

#6 ·
I was just curious about how you lubricated the P238's. I purchased my first Sig recently. I cleaned and lubricated it according to Sig's recommendations. After the first 50-75 rds. it became extremely dry and I started having malfunctions. I stopped firing it at that point. The next time out I lubricated the slide and rails after about 50 rds. and it functioned okay. It would stop locking back after the last round when it became dry.

Since then I've added grease to the slide, rails, and other contact points. I haven't fired it since I added the grease.

I'm trying to find the correct lubrication plan that works for me. Seems like there are a wide range of opinions on the subject. Thanks!

#9 ·
I have two Equinox models P-238 and 938. Both are flawless. This past Saturday I picked up another sub compact, a Kimber Micro 9 LG in desert tan. I fell in love with it at Shot Show. Yesterday was range day for me. I ran the Micro 9 for the first time and compared to the 938, it had more of a recoil kick. Still a nice little gun. I wish Crimson Trace would make there laser grips for the 938. Thats all thats lacking on a great little gun.

Attachments

#10 ·
I love my P238. When I was picking up my Glock 42 the store had the P238 on sale for $459 so I had to buy it. Really nice little pistol, way more accurate than I am, and great looking after I replaced the poly grips with Hogue Extreme G10 grips.

If I could carry (I live in Los Angeles), I would carry the Glock 42 loaded with Lehigh Xtreme Defense and/or Xtreme Penetrator. Most of my other pistols are CZ decockers and Glocks. I like the simplicity of point and shoot, even if the first pull is an 8 lb DA or striker fired trigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.