SIG Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to experience the awesome work that the Sig Armorer Robert Burke could do to a Legion pistol.

Out of the box, I thought that the action of my P229 Legion was perfect.

I sent it out to Robert with my main intention of having the Leupold Deltapoint milled to it. I then decided to also get the Carry Level Action work done. It was well worth it, the cost and time to get it done.

The trigger was so much smoother, lighter and very crisp and breaks so clean. I am not use to shooting such a heavy DA trigger when I first got the Legion, my DA shot will always be way off target. Now I can put it within 3 inches of where I aim. The red dot sight also makes things so much easier.

I highly recommend Robert's work. Here are some photos of my targets shot at 10 yards. I am not a sharp shooter but I am very pleased with my shots. It so much better than before I had the work done.

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
Very nice!!!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Robert is an amazing gunsmith. He is very personable, answers all your questions. He did the Carry Package, QTR and Trijicon HD sights on my M11A1 and it's a completely different firearm. He even replaced all the MIM with "new old stock steel" except the extractor. He's definitely my go to for Sig work!! Hands down HIGHLY RECOMMEND Robert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Nice. Accuracy that is very effective. I had resisted the temptation for a legion..........then fondled one ystdy at an LGS.............dang. Sweet. And that isn't even with Robert Burkes' work....and I have major sig envy now.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Robert is an amazing gunsmith. He is very personable, answers all your questions. He did the Carry Package, QTR and Trijicon HD sights on my M11A1 and it's a completely different firearm. He even replaced all the MIM with "new old stock steel" except the extractor. He's definitely my go to for Sig work!! Hands down HIGHLY RECOMMEND Robert

I am glad to hear of your satisfaction. My M11A1 is due back tomorrow from Robert and he did his QTR and carry level to my gun also. Very excited to test drive it when It get back. Glad to here your experience was great. Enjoy.

Reactions: ScalpeL28

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear you are happy with the work.:D How much was the cost of the work, and how long did work take?
I am very satisfied with the work, I am definitely now one of Robert's loyal customers.

Everything done amounted to 595.00 which included return shipping. It took about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've been thinking about getting some work done on my P226 9mm Legion but keep wondering if the "upgrade" over the already great handgun would be worth it. Postings like yours seem to confirm my opinion that the extra work would be worth it. Now I just have to get over the mental block! :)

Ferret33

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a 229 Legion. I thought The trigger was great and would be the Holy Grail until I got my M11A1 back from Robert Burke....NO comparison. The Burke Carry Package as well as the QTR makes the Legion feel gritty with take up. At least on mine it's that way. I'm going to sell my Legion and purchase another M11A1 & send it off to Burke as well. Love the non-rail. I'm not much for rails for carry & I don't personally like lights on my firearms. Been shot at twice in my career and both times they shot in the direction of the light. So off hand flashlight work for me. I know, another topic and it's personal preference. I've been carrying Sigs professionally for 23 years and "Burke" is THE ONLY person I will trust my life to on Sigs!!! Period!! I know that's a strong statement and willing to say it. I've had other work done to my other Sigs via factory and wasn't pleased. Burke treats your firearm like it's his with a personal touch & knows his reputation is on the line. HIGHLY RECOMMEND BURKE!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
To the OP, did Robert Burke also zero the Leopold Deltapoint for you when he sent it back to you? I only ask because one of the other recommendations that I have seen on this Forum is L&M Precision and they apparently zero your red dot after they mill the slide to accept it. Just wondering which place to send my Legion to. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Ferret33

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To the OP, did Robert Burke also zero the Leopold Deltapoint for you when he sent it back to you? I only ask because one of the other recommendations that I have seen on this Forum is L&M Precision and they apparently zero your red dot after they mill the slide to accept it. Just wondering which place to send my Legion to. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Ferret33
Yes he zeroed both the suppressor sights and the red dot. I highly recommend you get your Legion done by Robert, he is such a great gunsmith and also such a wonderful person.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts