SIG Talk banner

Range is Fun Again

1374 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  tower3
For the last year i've been trying to get the Kahr P45 to work and been leaving the range frustrated. Yesterday I took the P220 and had a blast. No problem emptying the three mags. The sig is so much more accurate and and easier on my hands. Went through 150 rounds and destroyed 4 targets. Went by myself and missed having the wife as I rest while she's shooting. I was gassed at the end of the session but in a great mood, killing paper is good for the soul. I'm not a smoker but think I would have enjoyed a cigar in the lounge chair but a couple of Mai Tais in the sun watching my dog chase crows made for a near perfect day.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
16,864 Posts
Reactions: tower3

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Premium Member
16,864 Posts
That's splatter from the rounds that came apart when they hit the steel.
Exactly. The steel target is angled forward/down to keep splatter going down into the ground. Splatter footprint is about [4 feet] a normal 8-10 feet long - depending on caliber, bullet weight and speed. We shoot a lot of suppressed sub-sonic 9mm and its footprint is a scant 4 feet.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Exactly. The steel target is angled forward/down to keep splatter going down into the ground. Splatter footprint is about [4 feet] a normal 8-10 feet long - depending on caliber, bullet weight and speed. We shoot a lot of suppressed sub-sonic 9mm and its footprint is a scant 4 feet.
Cool, I've never witnessed this - indoor city boy. Ken (Browning)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.