SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, Father's Day is coming up and I have been warned to suggest something I want or suffer the fate of an unwanted tie. Sooo, I need a new range bag for my handgun shooting. Figured the folks here have good advice since your shootin the best guns :D so tell me what to buy and why you like it.

TIA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,793 Posts
I use a 511 tactical backpack with a set of Gander Mountain 2 gun zippered pouches that fit inside. This holds 4 pistols, mags, eyes, ears and various tools and targets. Then I have 3 ammo bags and I take the caliber or calibers I am shooting.

Works really well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,462 Posts
I use either a Boyt backpack or an Uncle Mike's bag.

The 5.11 bags sure look good - I look closely at them when my LE LGS has a spring sale. But they sure are pricey.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,793 Posts
I used to have a larger range bag, pre-511 backpack, and I found that I did not use 80% of what was in it and it weighted a ton.

You need to determine what your typical range session is going to look like to determine your bag.

If you plan to chrono your loads you need a lot more. But I you just plan to shoot, you can get by with surprisingly little. In fact, where I used to take many of my tools I now just take a good multi-tool or range tool. That suffices 99% of the time. The remaining 1% is typically going to require more attention to the firearm than I am willing to give at the range.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LSC

·
Registered
Joined
·
938 Posts
Another vote on the Midway bag.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LSC and Papa Sig
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top