SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a used Sig P226 and went to get a Cross breed holster for it. Well, part of the form asked if it was railed or non-railed.

So my newbie question is how do I tell if its railed or not? But a little background & history on that feature would be cool too. Anybody out there do anything interesting with their railed Sig?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The "railed" question refers to the Picatinny rail forward of the trigger guard. It's what you use to attach lights or lasers to a handgun or shotgun or whatever. I'd post a pic or two showing the difference, but I'm on a smartphone...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
BTW, Old Faithful holsters builds the same style of inside-waistband holster thatCrossbreed does for a lotless. You get to assemble it yourself. Not to pull business away from Crossbreed and the boys, but if you're a DIY'er and really frugal with cash, Old Faithful is the way to go. I have a Supertuck myself

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bingo! bearone2 is a winnner

That picture is what I needed. I have the non-railed. Thank you so much. By the way, I love the Navy anchor on that. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great gun I have the same model. Did you get a 226 with the made in Germany slide?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mmaz,

Actually I have two 226's. One is a two tone. The other is an older all black made in Germany. I had to get a second because at the range my son always seems to grab my Sig as soon as I get loaded.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
sig rail, on right, sorry, a sig pic. maybe someone can post a better pic.

i have both railed & non-railed sigs.
Bear, that one on the right has the proprietary sig rail. A non-railed model has an uninterrupted dustcover. Do you have a MK25?

·
Registered
55,541 Posts
that may be but the only proprietary rail i'm familiar with, is on the left, for the comp on the 220 sport.

i don't see any slots in the pic on the sig rail above.

my older 220st has the proprietary rail & is a sport frame.

no mk25

Attachments

·
Registered
35,863 Posts
can you put a railed slide on a non railed receiver for the 229
The rail is part of the frame. Has nothing to do with the slide.
If you have a 229-1 frame 9mm (the magazine will say 229-1). Then any 229 slide will go on. f you have a 40 or 357 229 then a 9mm will go on. The 40 and 357 are the same and interchangeable.

If you have a 229-9mm and your magazines say 229/228 on them. That frame is smaller and can't take the pressure of a 40 or 357 round.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Bear, that one on the right has the proprietary sig rail. A non-railed model has an uninterrupted dustcover. Do you have a MK25?
Good eye Snake.

bear, your second photo looks like the one from the SIG website for the standard P226. Under the "Specifications" it has

Accessory Rail Yes
Features Accessory Rail

P226

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
The Mk25 has a mil spec 1913 picatinny rail. It is a flat bottom. The Sig proprietary rail is rounded on the bottom like the rail on the right in bear's comparison pic, and the left one ???

Go Sig or Go Home

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
OP, this may help explain the difference in the Sig proprietary rail vs the Mil-Spec 1913 picatinny rail.
P226 MK25

P226

Notice that the MK25 has the flat rail and the P226 has the rounded Sig rail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts