SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Rail to mount a Romeo-MSR to a Ruger 10-22 Takedown rifle

3412 Views 14 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Insta_miked
When I bought the Romeo & Juliet red dot and scope combo I had no idea that SIG used a propriety rail design. Where can I buy a rail that will work with them on a Ruger 10-22 Takedown rifle? I like the combo and hope to not have to return them and replace them with a different scope.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Reactions: 1
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
You need a Picatinny rail for your 10-22. Get one that will allow you to move the magnifier as far aft as possible. And the optics kit is not proprietary, they use industry standard picatinny rail spacing. The optics mounts that come with 10-22s isn’t standard spacing and are made for weaver scope clamps.

like this
Thanks!

The 10-22 Takedown only has room for about a 4 1/2” rail, so that rail may be too long.
Thanks!

The 10-22 Takedown only has room for about a 4 1/2” rail, so that rail may be too long.
You‘re going to reverse mount it, the tab will overhang the rear reciever of your 10-22. You want to move the magnifier as far aft as possible to get the correct eye relief. I have a take down and a standard 10-22. It will work.
Reactions: 2
My understanding is that the Romeo MSR is an aimpoint T1 footprint. There are some direct mount options for that.

It won’t work since he has the Juliet magnifier too.
It won’t work since he has the Juliet magnifier too.
I personally wouldn't put a magnifier on a 10/22 but to each their own. I guess pic mount is essential then, since AFAIK there are no direct mounts out there for any flip magnifiers.
I personally wouldn't put a magnifier on a 10/22 but to each their own. I guess pic mount is essential then, since AFAIK there are no direct mounts out there for any flip magnifiers.
Well, it’s not about what you or I would do. The OP asked about mounting their Sig MSR and Juliet combo.. it’s about them.
Well, it’s not about what you or I would do. The OP asked about mounting their Sig MSR and Juliet combo.. it’s about them.
I agree. Pic seems to be the only option then.
Thanks again for the info
DeadEye isn‘t just my nickname, it’s a condition. That’s why I need the red dot and the magnification, because I can’t use the iron sights anymore.
Thanks again for the info

DeadEye isn‘t just my nickname, it’s a condition. That’s why I need the red dot and the magnification, because I can’t use the iron sights anymore.
I put a red dot on an adapter rail from Amazon that attaches to the barrel and then a 3x magnifier on the receiver rail. Otherwise on the takedown the scope or RD
loses its zero if mounted to the receiver.
I put a red dot on an adapter rail from Amazon that attaches to the barrel and then a 3x magnifier on the receiver rail. Otherwise on the takedown the scope or RD
loses its zero if mounted to the receiver.
Thanks TripleD!
Here’s the set up on my 10-22. Moving the magnifier that far aft gets you excellent eye relief on the magnifier.
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera lens Lens Material property

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Gun accessory
See less See more
When I bought the Romeo & Juliet red dot and scope combo I had no idea that SIG used a propriety rail design. Where can I buy a rail that will work with them on a Ruger 10-22 Takedown rifle? I like the combo and hope to not have to return them and replace them with a different scope.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Thanks for all the help!

Here she is, ready for the party.

Window Furniture Interior design Wood Automotive design
See less See more
Thanks for all the help!

Here she is, ready for the party.

View attachment 459258
Looking to do the same set up, have you had trouble with it holding zero? I will be breaking it down for carry in most instances, so quite often.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.