SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
The INFORCE is a nice light, but also Streamlight and Surefire also make good stuff. I recommend the TLR-1 and the XC-1, and the APL from INFORCE. I probably like the APL best for the gun you want it for.

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
I've been wanting a weapon light for my P226 TacOps, too.

I want a perfect fit and was wondering what was best.

I'll look into the models they suggested for you, too.
I've run a TLR-1 on a 226, and it fits nicely, but I really think you will like the INFORCE APL as well. It is lighter, being polymer, a little shorter, and I like the paddle system a little better. I believe it is a little less expensive also.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Plus one on the APL. It's much easier to activate with short fingers. They recently came out with a 400 lumen model and will be releasing a compact 200 lumen model sometime soon. The compact is more similar in size to the XC-1 but the XC-1 is only momentary unless you also hit the little oddly placed switch. I have a TLR-1 on my duty weapon and I like it but not as much as the APL. Duty holsters for the APL are slim to none.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can unequivocally recommend the Surefire brand of weaponlights. I have done a great deal of personal and professional research (departmentally) on several occasions and after this research and over twenty years using weapon mounted lights on pistols Glock & Sig striker fired and 1911), shotguns (870 & 590), sub-machine guns (Colt & HK) and rifles(numerous brands and have never had a problem with the reliability of their lights on any application. I understand that they are very expensive and maybe not worth the extra cost to some but I have always trusted my life to them in some fairly serious situations and have never felt let down.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Here is a pic of my "Glock" Inforce APL-C on my M&P40 M2.0 with the 5" barrel. The compact is 200 lumens but I think it's plenty for home defense. 200 outdoors on an AR may be a little light (pun intended), but in the home I think it is more than enough. The ambi paddles are very easy to manipulate, the new factory stippling is very nice compared to the previous model. Currently the compact is only listed for the "Glocks" as it is a flush fit on the G19 but you can see it fits other firearms as well. They are supposed to release a compact for other models in June. I don't know if it will be a different length than the Glock one or not. I seen no need to wait as I thought it would fit perfectly on the rail under the 5" barrel, and it does. I have seen the Glock compact on 229's, P320's, VP9's already too. I have a 226 Legion and a FS P320 but I have not fitted those yet. I primarily got it just for my M&P. I think the rail situation on your 1911 will be similar to my M&P. Hopes this helps.

Oh and before others ask I do not experience hardly any barrel shadow (if at all noticeable) as if you would if you have your light positioned poorly like on an AR. So I was more concerned with it looking nice on the rail rather than being flush with the barrel or worse I don't like when the light protrudes past the barrel. I don't like large bulky lights. They seem very unnecessary with the LED and lithium battery tech available.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Follow up on this one...I purchased and installed the Inforce APL on my 1911. Shot it about 3-4 times with the light on the rail and during the last range session the light broke off the gun mid magazine. So annoyed. One of the side rails of the light just plain cracked along the seam and fell off. Looking at it the polymer is just not very thick where it comes around the rail of the gun. Just something to think about if you are shooting with this light. Probably best to take it off for range sessions and just keep on the gun when its in your night stand if you're using it for HD.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.