·
Registered
4,208 Posts
Glad to hear your P320 RX is working out well for you and nice shooting. :cool:

Reactions: steved13

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Nice shooting by gosh. The RX is helping me tighten up my groups. I like the 320 RX a lot myself. It's definitely a tool... at least for my old eyes. Glad you are liking your results. Not much to dislike about that target.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice shooting by gosh. The RX is helping me tighten up my groups. I like the 320 RX a lot myself. It's definitely a tool... at least for my old eyes. Glad you are liking your results. Not much to dislike about that target.
From your posts I think we are in similar situations, with our vision. Before reflex sight, I was pretty good at 20 feet or less, mostly on paper up to about 15 yards, and might hit the blur now and then much further than that. With the reflex sight (now on my 5th) pretty good, to 10-15 yards, and on paper all the way to 25 yards. It is so much nicer to be able to see the target with my glasses on rather than a blur without them so the front sight could be seen. I even tried the over the glasses for the sight and through the glasses for the target back and forth to try and line it up LOL.

I was watching a video by Jerry Miculek, and it peaked my interest when he was talking about vision issues and a reflex sight...I did some research, and picked up an M&P Performance center 9l and a Trijicon RM08g, then tried a Vortex, venom and a viper, and then an RM06, on that pistol until I found the dot size and features I liked. Then a Jpoint dot circle for my EDC M&P shield. Sold the M&P long slide and picked up the P320 RX. I am sold on Reflex sights.

Reactions: olbriar

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
That's good shooting, Steve! Nicely done.

Reactions: steved13

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I really like the sound of that.
Ive never tried an optic on a pistol before.

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
I really like the sound of that.
Ive never tried an optic on a pistol before.
You know, I actually was wanting the optics thinking they looked cool and would no doubt be fun. I was blown away by how much better I shot with the RX system. I haven't shot this good in a number of years. I've never been a crack shot but honestly, my accuracy has slowly declined over the years. Slow enough degradation that I hadn't really realize just how sorry a shot I'd become. It was a couple of years ago while shooting with my son that I was struggling to compete with him did I realize that I flat stink. I can remember shooting much much better but I'm sure struggling now. I started sneaking in a lot of range time. (I hate to have the son show the old man up) My accuracy improved but nothing close to what it was 40 years ago. Then came the RX system. Once again I can make a big hole in a target. And the best part is, I don't look to be the old fart at the range. I can shoot with anybody and not be embarrassed.

You just have to try an optics system. You will be amazed at how your eyes have been letting you down. You are still rock steady with a great stance after all of these years but now, with the aid of the optics, that front sight isn't getting fuzzy on ya.

I often wonder just how good a set of young eyes can shoot with the aid of optics. It has to be a sight improvement to all ages. I've not tried to talk my son into investing in a RX system. I need a couple of more years of out shooting the mid aged punk lol.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Very nice shooting! I have a P320RX and a P226RX SAO which shoots lights out, and my eyes are still pretty good. I find the dot really helps in that, when switching between pistols, you don't need to remember 6 o'clock hold, cover the target hold.... At 20 yards or so I shot two virtually 1 hole groups (different ammo) with my P226RX while resting on a bag! The Romeo has me sold.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At 20 yards or so I shot two virtually 1 hole groups (different ammo) with my P226RX while resting on a bag! The Romeo has me sold.
I did the same with my pistol rest, bullet just about through the previous hole...gun shoots better than I ever will...but that's just about any gun lol

Reactions: JimLob65

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
You know, I actually was wanting the optics thinking they looked cool and would no doubt be fun. I was blown away by how much better I shot with the RX system. I haven't shot this good in a number of years. I've never been a crack shot but honestly, my accuracy has slowly declined over the years. Slow enough degradation that I hadn't really realize just how sorry a shot I'd become. It was a couple of years ago while shooting with my son that I was struggling to compete with him did I realize that I flat stink. I can remember shooting much much better but I'm sure struggling now. I started sneaking in a lot of range time. (I hate to have the son show the old man up) My accuracy improved but nothing close to what it was 40 years ago. Then came the RX system. Once again I can make a big hole in a target. And the best part is, I don't look to be the old fart at the range. I can shoot with anybody and not be embarrassed.

You just have to try an optics system. You will be amazed at how your eyes have been letting you down. You are still rock steady with a great stance after all of these years but now, with the aid of the optics, that front sight isn't getting fuzzy on ya.

I often wonder just how good a set of young eyes can shoot with the aid of optics. It has to be a sight improvement to all ages. I've not tried to talk my son into investing in a RX system. I need a couple of more years of out shooting the mid aged punk lol.
Thank you so much for that info!
Im going to look into it.
I really wouldn't mind a Legion sao with that Romeo, or a regular 226 sao with Romeo.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thank you so much for that info!
Im going to look into it.
I really wouldn't mind a Legion sao with that Romeo, or a regular 226 sao with Romeo.
I have a P226RX SAO and it is an outstanding pistol! In fact it is the pistol I was shooting in reference to my earlier post. It has almost all the features of the Legion plus the Romeo sight! You couldn't go wrong with a P226RX SAO!

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I have a P226RX SAO and it is an outstanding pistol! In fact it is the pistol I was shooting in reference to my earlier post. It has almost all the features of the Legion plus the Romeo sight! You couldn't go wrong with a P226RX SAO!
Cool! Thank you :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Cool! Thank you :)
The frames are virtually identical (specifically the RX SAO. The DA/SA pistol has a slightly different frame.) with the exception of checkering on the bottom of the triggerguard, the PVD finish (the RX is finished in Nitron) and the guide rod, which is hollow on the RX, easily replaceable with a GG Fat guide rod. The RX doesn't have X-Ray sights, but does have supressor height sights (tritium) to co-witness with the Romeo. The RX also doesn't come with G10 grips either, easily installed obviously.

I replaced the mainspring with a Wolff 17 lb spring and the resulting trigger is outstanding. If I had to decide which one of my P226s to keep, the RX, the SAO Legion and the DA/SA Legion, would choose the RX. It is that good IMHO.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
The frames are virtually identical (specifically the RX SAO. The DA/SA pistol has a slightly different frame.) with the exception of checkering on the bottom of the triggerguard, the PVD finish (the RX is finished in Nitron) and the guide rod, which is hollow on the RX, easily replaceable with a GG Fat guide rod. The RX doesn't have X-Ray sights, but does have supressor height sights (tritium) to co-witness with the Romeo. The RX also doesn't come with G10 grips either, easily installed obviously.

I replaced the mainspring with a Wolff 17 lb spring and the resulting trigger is outstanding. If I had to decide which one of my P226s to keep, the RX, the SAO Legion and the DA/SA Legion, would choose the RX. It is that good IMHO.
No doubt. I hear A LOT of great things about the 226 sao and legion sao. Triggers are just outstanding.
The 226rx is prolly the way Ill go.
Thanx again man!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts