SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Question to people who find the OEM sig P365 grip modules too small

8K views 34 replies 31 participants last post by  Wasp 
#1 ·
In the middle of a P365 or perhaps a P365XL build from a barebones FCU. Question for people who find the Sig OEM P365 grip module too small and prefer the fatter grips of say a Wilson Combat. In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves. What size gloves do you guys generally wear? M? L? XL? XXL?

I know the grip modules are cheap enough for the standard "just buy a grip module and shoot a couple rounds at the range and sell if it don't work for you" . Just trying to get a gauge of where to start.

#2 ·
Depending on glove manufacturer either XL or XXL. I prefer XXL's for winter wear. I don't wear gloves for shooting however. I tried my thin leather motorcycle fingerless gloves and didn't like it. Some folks like the very thin "driving gloves"...

For the 365 and XL grips I put on a Hogue slip on grip and it has worked for me. It adds size all around the grip. Definitely improved my accuracy.

#4 ·
I wear a 4XL glove-can't find anything at big box stores that I can even start to get my hand into. I do EDC a P365 using a Hogue wrap & 12 round magazine so I can get a good grip. Just spent two weekends with a Wilson regular grip module on mine & Mrs 365's & neither of us like it over the Hogue grip. The Wilson felt hard & slippery with more felt recoil & less control.

#7 ·
I wear a 4XL glove-can't find anything at big box stores that I can even start to get my hand into. I do EDC a P365 using a Hogue wrap & 12 round magazine so I can get a good grip. Just spent two weekends with a Wilson regular grip module on mine & Mrs 365's & neither of us like it over the Hogue grip. The Wilson felt hard & slippery with more felt recoil & less control.
Man...even with that red dot on there...makes it one nice concealable package... or am I getting juked by a 4XL gloves perspectiveness?

#5 ·
In the middle of a P365 or perhaps a P365XL build from a barebones FCU. Question for people who find the Sig OEM P365 grip module too small and prefer the fatter grips of say a Wilson Combat. In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves. What size gloves do you guys generally wear? M? L? XL? XXL?

I know the grip modules are cheap enough for the standard "just buy a grip module and shoot a couple rounds at the range and sell if it don't work for you" . Just trying to get a gauge of where to start.
Get the X .. you won’t regret it
I don’t like pinky ext.mag at all

Attachments

#28 ·
Get the X .. you won’t regret it
Agreed.
I don’t like pinky ext.mag at all
Same.
I wear a 'Large' glove and have both the P365 and the P365X. I much prefer the feel of the X's extra length over either the 10 or 12 round 'pinky mag'. The P365 is marginally easier to conceal with the OEM 10 round pinky mag, but the P365X is a little easier to shoot because it feel more stable.

I have since put an X/XL grip module on my original P365 so both feel the same and shoot the same.

Another consideration is that it seems a little easier to find reasonably priced P365 pull-off grip modules and 10 round mags than X/XL grip modules/12 rounders, if your curiousity drives you to swap parts around.

#6 ·
I have to use a WC for a standard 365 grip. I have tried the Hogue, but it doesn’t allow my finger to get into the undercut if the trigger guard and makes for a not pleasant shooting experience. Think Glock Knuckle. I don’t use gloves when shooting.

#8 ·
I run Large in nitrile and Mechanix so that they are tight; I could wear XL. I would recommend the X/XL grip. I would wager that you would probably run the 12rd mags anyway with the smaller grip. Also, the X/XL’s frame allows your support hand/thumb more real estate. I was surprised to find that I like the ergos and feel of the Sig grip much better than the WC.
Good luck!

#10 ·
I wear large and xl sometimes. I'm skinny though. I got the hogue grip on Amazon for like 14 bucks. Goes on with a hair dryer in less than a minute. The grip size it ok, it's just slim without the hogue. Doesn't make any difference in shooting it for me between the two. Still shoot just as well with factory size vs the hogue. It's just more comfortable to shoot.

Modules are cheap. Just try them out and sell what you don't like.

#12 ·
I like the stock XL grip, but I like the WC better. It's only a tiny bit bigger, but the palm swell gives me a much better grip. It conceals just as well. Glove size? It depends. I have short fingers and wide hands, so medium often works, but sometimes I have to go large to get the width. Nitrile, medium is perfect. Oh, BTW, I don't like the 365 grip. My wide hands don't fit on there very well.

#14 ·
Smaller and lighter with the capacity of a big gun is still smaller and lighter with the capacity of a bigger gun regardless of how big or small you are. Aren't options nice though? I carry a P365 as a pocket pistol.

The P365X Macro is coming.. even more grip options for P365 fans with larger hands. More capacity too. One pistol to rule them all. It's fitted for an XL or Spectre Comp slide though.

#20 ·
In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves.
I wear 10.5 or XL gloves. The factory grip frame was ok, but wouldn't contact the hollow part of my palm. The Hogue HandAll resolved the problem, but the Wilson grip module is much better.

#21 ·
What size gloves do you guys generally wear? M? L? XL? XXL?
I wear a L comfortably... Could wear a M if I want a very tight fit with no looseness that is hard to get on and get off. The Sig P365 was too small for me. The backstrap came down to the middle of my palm and was uncomfortable to shoot over a range session. In a defensive situation, I could probably handle the P365 without concern if it is a few magazines of shooting. That being said, I went with the P365X. Perfect for me in every way. My friend who has hands just about the next size up installed the Hogue grips and says they are perfect for him.

#22 ·
I have slender hands with rather long fingers. I wear a size large gloves. The WC grip is worlds more ergonomic and allow for a firmer but more relaxed grip over stock. The OEM module wanted to swim on the East West axis for me during a string of fire. The swells on the WC grip help lock the pistol in my grip. The tungsten weights will also help control the pistol on a rapid string of fire. I highly recommend the WC module.

#24 ·
I wear medium work gloves. And the OEM grip was too small for me. Note: As determined by a previous topic involving photos of super hot men with guns, I’m a girl.

It comes down to hand shape. Some people have wide palms and short fingers others have normal palms and long fingers but can make the same size gloves fit.

If the guns grip is comfortable to you, it’s all good. If it’s not, or the gun shifts, try something else or fix your hand / fix the grip module. Some people like the feel of metal grips or prefer polymer or they don’t like the serrations/stippling on specific available options.

#26 ·
I wear xl gloves. I got a Sar9 and loved it with the large grip panels and backstrap so I used that as my model. I put the Hogue over grip on, then stole a silicon spatula from my wife and cut a curved segment for the backstrap which I slid under the over grip. Finally I took two heavy plastic spoons and cut the bottom out of them about 1/4” thick and slid them in the sides for the palm swell. My 365 xl fits my hand perfectly.

#27 ·
I can shoot a stock 365 or XL pretty well, but with guy sized L hands, I thought it could be even better (as in grip fit to my hand palm area specifically). So close to 4 yrs ago I first tired a hogue handall and it did fill my palm - but it added more width that I needed and wanted. Then tried talon grip and that has worked quite well. With talon grip, you can add the entire grip, but then also add strips of talon material in areas you want to slightly build up (like back strap) - without building up everywhere like with the hogue. I have the family 365s and XLs all set up this exact way now with talon. Now, along came WC with their grip module, and I now have one, but have not yet installed it. The WC grip in the hand feels very nice, and accomplishes just about what I did with the talon grip & material. I'll probably install the WC on a 365 and see what I think over the winter.

#29 ·
I wear medium for a tight fit, but mostly large

The standard sig 365 is too small. That’s not taking into account the mag expansion pinching.

The x/xl has the length, but not the circumference. I wrapped the grip with goon tape. Added as many layers to it until I gave me the circumference I needed. Note: I am running the WC now, but still wrapped that for added contour. I the. Threw some medium Ranger bands on top of that for more grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
I wear L gloves.
365 (10 or 12mags ) and 365XL (12) and feel great in my hand with OEM grips.
I prefer the feel and thickness of the Wilson Combat grips. Have them on my 365, 365XL, 320C and M17.

Reactions: Nicefish
#34 ·
I wear a medium glove. I have to hold the factory and Wilson grip modules with a wrap around grip. It's almost like gripping a baseball bat, with my finger tips touching the side of the module. For someone who spent a lot of time learning to put pressure on the front and back straps only, this hold doesn't seem right. But it's the only way I can shoot the little gun accurately.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.