SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the middle of a P365 or perhaps a P365XL build from a barebones FCU. Question for people who find the Sig OEM P365 grip module too small and prefer the fatter grips of say a Wilson Combat. In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves. What size gloves do you guys generally wear? M? L? XL? XXL?

I know the grip modules are cheap enough for the standard "just buy a grip module and shoot a couple rounds at the range and sell if it don't work for you" . Just trying to get a gauge of where to start.

Super Moderator - 馃帠USN Veteran
Depending on glove manufacturer either XL or XXL. I prefer XXL's for winter wear. I don't wear gloves for shooting however. I tried my thin leather motorcycle fingerless gloves and didn't like it. Some folks like the very thin "driving gloves"...

For the 365 and XL grips I put on a Hogue slip on grip and it has worked for me. It adds size all around the grip. Definitely improved my accuracy.

Registered
I wear a 4XL glove-can't find anything at big box stores that I can even start to get my hand into. I do EDC a P365 using a Hogue wrap & 12 round magazine so I can get a good grip. Just spent two weekends with a Wilson regular grip module on mine & Mrs 365's & neither of us like it over the Hogue grip. The Wilson felt hard & slippery with more felt recoil & less control.

Registered
In the middle of a P365 or perhaps a P365XL build from a barebones FCU. Question for people who find the Sig OEM P365 grip module too small and prefer the fatter grips of say a Wilson Combat. In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves. What size gloves do you guys generally wear? M? L? XL? XXL?

I know the grip modules are cheap enough for the standard "just buy a grip module and shoot a couple rounds at the range and sell if it don't work for you" . Just trying to get a gauge of where to start.
Get the X .. you won鈥檛 regret it
I don鈥檛 like pinky ext.mag at all

Attachments

Registered
I have to use a WC for a standard 365 grip. I have tried the Hogue, but it doesn鈥檛 allow my finger to get into the undercut if the trigger guard and makes for a not pleasant shooting experience. Think Glock Knuckle. I don鈥檛 use gloves when shooting.

Reactions: Alloy07

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wear a 4XL glove-can't find anything at big box stores that I can even start to get my hand into. I do EDC a P365 using a Hogue wrap & 12 round magazine so I can get a good grip. Just spent two weekends with a Wilson regular grip module on mine & Mrs 365's & neither of us like it over the Hogue grip. The Wilson felt hard & slippery with more felt recoil & less control.
Man...even with that red dot on there...makes it one nice concealable package... or am I getting juked by a 4XL gloves perspectiveness?

Registered
I run Large in nitrile and Mechanix so that they are tight; I could wear XL. I would recommend the X/XL grip. I would wager that you would probably run the 12rd mags anyway with the smaller grip. Also, the X/XL鈥檚 frame allows your support hand/thumb more real estate. I was surprised to find that I like the ergos and feel of the Sig grip much better than the WC.
Good luck!

Registered
I wear large and xl sometimes. I'm skinny though. I got the hogue grip on Amazon for like 14 bucks. Goes on with a hair dryer in less than a minute. The grip size it ok, it's just slim without the hogue. Doesn't make any difference in shooting it for me between the two. Still shoot just as well with factory size vs the hogue. It's just more comfortable to shoot.

Modules are cheap. Just try them out and sell what you don't like.

Registered
I wear a large glove and am using the stock module with a Hogue grip. I had too much finger in the trigger hole and the fatter grip helped with that. Not sure if I want the WC grip yet. It did wonders on my 320.

Registered
I like the stock XL grip, but I like the WC better. It's only a tiny bit bigger, but the palm swell gives me a much better grip. It conceals just as well. Glove size? It depends. I have short fingers and wide hands, so medium often works, but sometimes I have to go large to get the width. Nitrile, medium is perfect. Oh, BTW, I don't like the 365 grip. My wide hands don't fit on there very well.

Registered
Sounds like this country is full of some pretty big dudes. I'm a little guy, have hands that could fit either a M or L glove and I like the small P365 grip just fine. The question I always have is, if you're that big why do you need to go with a gun as small as a P365 in the first place?
Smaller and lighter with the capacity of a big gun is still smaller and lighter with the capacity of a bigger gun regardless of how big or small you are. Aren't options nice though? I carry a P365 as a pocket pistol.

The P365X Macro is coming.. even more grip options for P365 fans with larger hands. More capacity too. One pistol to rule them all. It's fitted for an XL or Spectre Comp slide though.

Registered
Here I am holding a 365. I just picked up an 365x and was planning on the Wilson. I have them on my 320's and they feel slick but shooting they are good, for me. Does the Wilson on the 365 fill your hand better? I tried the Hogue on a shield and it flexed too much when I gripped the pistol.
Finger Air gun Wood Trigger Thumb

Registered
.357 sig
I wear XL gloves typically, I looked at a 365 when they were new and it was nowhere near comfortable in my hand. A P239 is as small as I want to go and I use an Armory Craft +1 on that for better comfort.

Registered
I wear XL gloves all around and did not like the standard 365 grip. Went with a 320 SC instead. Surprisingly, in 320 I like the small grip in the SC but prefer the Med. In the X-Carry. Go figure.

Premium Member
I wear a large glove most of the time. I have an X and an XL and I went with the WC grip not for a size increase but more because I liked to cut of it better. It fit better into my hand.

Registered
In general, when you go to a place like Home Depot, Harbor Freight etc. and are buying some generic work gloves or those rubber baby blue nitrile type hospital type gloves.
I wear 10.5 or XL gloves. The factory grip frame was ok, but wouldn't contact the hollow part of my palm. The Hogue HandAll resolved the problem, but the Wilson grip module is much better.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts