SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried in the 'gear' section but got no love. I thought I would try here.

I would like a light for camping, mostly. I was looking at the Sig FoxTrot 1. I like what I'm seeing because $250+ is really not in the budget.

I'm looking at using it on a P320 or SP2022 (two separate holsters) and a SafariLand 7379 holster.

The Sig site doesn't call out specific dimensions on the FT1 or it does and I missed it.

Does anyone know if the FT1 or other budget friendly options fit the options SafariLand calls out.

Another option looks like the StreamLight TLR-1HL may be cheaper and brighter, but not have the multi level illumination function. It was $132-ish on Amazon and Optics Planet.

SafariLand Holster Light Options
  • SureFire x200, x300, x300u
  • StreamLight TLR-1, TLR-1HL
  • Insight Technology M3

FoxTrot 1
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/foxtrot1.html

Model 7379 7TS™ ALS® Concealment Clip-on Belt Holster
Model 7379 7TS? ALS® Concealment Clip-on Belt Holster - The Safariland Group

Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL Weapon Mount Tactical Flashlight Light 800 Lumens with Strobe
TLR-1 HL®
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B8Q31UQ

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have a a TRL-1HL and I love how STUPID bright it is. The "camping" part I find confusing. I would never expect to use it as part of a regular camping trip. Keep in mind that mounted, you are illuminating only things you are comfortable destroying if your firearm safety skills are being used. Not great for seeing around inside your tent. Unmounted there isn't a lot of room for purchase on the light that doesn't get hot, and the on/off switch is positioned weird.

All other things aside, multi level illumination is really just about saving batteries. For most things the average flashlight user encounters, you just want all the light you can get. The big exception are things like endurance sports where you want a really bright light sometimes, but maybe want more battery life for a long event. That being the case, most firearm mounted lights will get too hot to be useful handheld for very long. If you are really looking for a camping light, I'd suggest a headlamp, you can get a pretty ridiculous nice one for what you would spend on a TRL-1HL or a still nice one for about half that, either of which would be better suited for most camping use. If you are looking for a light "in case" you need to use your pistol on a camping trip then I'd look at the TRL-1HL as a more standard option that would give you all the light you could need "in case".

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

As for camping, I would really only have it on the gun when camping and using the Safariland holster. Hence the question about fitment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.