SIG Talk banner

Question on trigger reset.

1260 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  bumper
I have a factory CPO 2001 P229 with legacy slide and standard trigger. When I test the trigger reset with the slide off the frame, no I don't allow the hammer to fall free, the reset is very short compared to when the pistol is together. I experimented with the trigger disconnect bar which would not make a difference. Then I experimented with firing pin block lever and I was able to change the length of reset. I'm not going to tempt it, but it seems that a slight modification would allow shorter reset without STR parts. I imagine if modified it wouldn't allow the FPB to clear the firing pin channel. Is that correct?
See less
I have a factory CPO 2001 P229 with legacy slide and standard trigger. When I test the trigger reset with the slide off the frame, no I don't allow the hammer to fall free, the reset is very short compared to when the pistol is together. I experimented with the trigger disconnect bar which would not make a difference. Then I experimented with firing pin block lever and I was able to change the length of reset. I'm not going to tempt it, but it seems that a slight modification would allow...
See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll explain what I did; on a standard trigger P series (assuming they're the same mechanically mine is a 2001 P229). With the slide off, cock the hammer, press down on the trigger disconnect bar, pull the trigger, it will not catch the sear. Keep the trigger pulled while letting off the trigger disconnect bar and reset the trigger. It will reset very short compared to when the slide is in battery. I've figured out that keeping the FPB lever from extending full travel I can manipulate the length of reset. I hope I explained enough detail. I'm in no way going to dremel on anything, I just found it interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.